Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

x3 software update

Advisor

x3 software update

[ Edited ]

i have 2 nokia x3 phones and when itried to update them one had 3.60 and the other had 4.10 but nokia updater says they are both the newest software i got both phones the same time from same shop and they are both on any network also one as more games than the other

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: x3 software update

Can you post the product codes from each phone?

The product code is the seven digit number under the battery that starts with 05.

This will show if they are the same regional version as each other.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

first phone is

firmware 3.60

second phone is

firmware 4.11

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Ok, now if the second one is different to that then you have two different regional versions of the phone.

Firmware is released quicker in some regions than others.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

but i purchased them together from the same shop same day

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

But did the store purchase them from the same supplier at the same time?

Some stores import stock from other countries so even though they look identical and have the same packaging they may actually be for different regions.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

first phone is

firmware 3.60

second phone is

firmware 4.11

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Now that is very odd.

You should visit a nokia care point and ask them to help. You can find the details of the nearest via the contact us link near the top of the page.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

thats ok the first phone is faulty and is going in for repairs thats how i found ou

on nokia software updater it says version 3.60 on it but lets me download it again

but on second phone it says software 4.11 but i can not download it again

so thought it was a bit strange

Please use plain text.
Advisor

still can not get an answer to why i have 2 exact same phones with diff firmware and nokia software updater saying both are the latest

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Did you ask the people at the care point?

The most likely explanation is that the phones are from two different batches of the same product code. During production of the later batch they had access to later firmware.

On very rare occasions firmwares that have been on phones from new have been missed off the updater. On these occasions it's either a case of waiting or asking a care point if they have access to the later version.

You will not get an official answer from nokia here.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

care pont said that is a strange one we have not had that before and the 3.60 software is the newest and have not heard of the 4.11

Please use plain text.
Advisor

mine as just came back from nokia repairs who should have upgraded to 4.11 but still 3.60 so why tell me they was going to upgrade and then don't

Please use plain text.