Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 3230 users on Orange, your comments please.

Contributor

3230 users on Orange, your comments please.

[ Edited ]
hi everyone.
could you please follow the link below to the orange website and follow exactly the instructions for activating the voice dial feature ( click on, How do I make a call by saying a voice tag) and then report back with how you got on? it would be interseting if anyone else reading this that has a 3230 supplied by another network also trys this.

Orange website

also does anyone else have the following faults with there 3230?

1) changing the clock from digital to analogue doesn’t work.

2) series 60 themes don’t display properly.

3) wallpapers stretch and distort off the screen.

4) when the keylock is on, and the phone isn’t displaying the screen saver, incoming alerts such as missed calls and texts are not always displayed.

5)the phone randomly shuts down and restarts.

thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter.

Message Edited by 3230_on_orange on 27-Feb-2006
06:16 PM

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi 3230.

I have a 3230 not supplied by Orange but i use my OrangeSIM in it virtually trouble free... apart from your comments above here are my findings...

I don't use voice dial!!!

1.. Digital to analogue... mine works both ways... if you select digital from analogue... you need to press options on the left and highlight the circle for which option you want!!!

2... dont know what the themes are !!! I have mine set to mountain biker and its OK... can change to other backgrounds ok too!!!

3... My wallpaper does not stretch or distort... apart from the mountain bike... thich i think looks like this anyway!!!

4... have not witnessed this.... as most times my screensaver does not come on anyway!!!Alerts still come through.

5... Yes I used to get this all the time... as i had dropped the handset a few times.... what i found caused or cured it was to open up the back of the phone/batt compartment and examine where your memory card goes in!!!
Is it loose or only clipped down at one side... thats what was happening to mineso when the memory card was "disconnecting" the phone shut down and rebooted.

Try adjusting the little tags in with your nail that hold the card holder locked in position, this will secure it more... also do you leave your handset on for a long period of time.... like a week or so??? Try depowering it overnight if you can!!!

Also check outmy other thread ref 3230 shutdown problems... are you getting the same error message as i got???

Hope this is of some help!!!! Dave
Please use plain text.
Contributor

cheers Dave,
if you don't mind, could you follow the instructions on the orange website and let me know if they work?
so apart from the restarting problem, it looks like all the other faults are related to orange handsets?

thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi I'll give it a go later... but remember my handset did not come from Orange!!! I bought it in India while i was working there....I'm using my orange sim in it!!! otherwise it is a great handset and has been pretty troublefree... apart from what i have already mentioned and also my other postings!!!

The only gripe i have is that it seems quite easy for dust to get in behind the monitor as i always carry it in my pocket... i'll try blowing it out with an airline... but i can live with the dust!!

Best regards...Dave
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Dave,
i would just like confirmation that the link above is from the orange website and when a user with an unbranded handset follows the instructions that they do what they say.
also i would like as many orange users with orange branded 3230's to follow the instructions and see what they make of them.
thanks again for your time.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

hi 3230.

Just to let you know that i tried the link and the voice tag set up and yes it worked on my phone!!!

But the first time when i used it it would not open the correct link to the selected phone!!! second time round it went straight in and i followed the instructions... all worked.

Cheers...Dave... let me know if i can be of any further assistance.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

thanks again Dave,
thats exactly what i thought would happen with your phone(I'm glad you got the link to the orange site to work).
now, all i need now is for someone with an 3230 that was supplied by orange to follow the instructions and also comment on the other faults listed in my first post.
thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi 3230,

I own an Orange 3230 and have tried your voice dial request. Unfortunately it does not work! Very annoying I must say and something I was not aware of.

In response to your other queries:

1. The clock cannot be changed from digital to analogue whilst using the infamous Orange Homescreen but can in 'normal' mode.

2. Nothing wrong with the series 60 theme.

3. I've given up with wallpapers as the phone does not save this setting when you turn it off and I don't want to be changing a setting every morning when I turn the phone on.

4. Texts and missed calls/voicemails are displayed on stand by mode.

5. No random shutting down and restarting now but was a constant problem with previous 3230's I've had from my beloved Orange (I lost count after they replaced my 6th handset in 4 months!)

I am running v4.0537.0 firmware if that helps. I was informed by Orange that anything previous to this version is known to be full of bugs.

To sum up: The Orange version of 3230 is a cr*p phone with cr*p firmware backed up by cr*p customer service and they will of course deny all knowledge of major problems with this model. Avoid them like the plague and they shall not be getting any more money out of me when my contract expires!

Rant Over!

Joe
Please use plain text.
Contributor

cheers Joe
i think i should clarify what i meant about the themes that do not display properly. if you install a new theme and select user defined image, this should change the wallpaper but it does nothing. if the theme is left set to none, then this should display the wonderful default wallpaper that matches the selected theme. again, changing this setting does nothing. i know orange will argue that they don't support 3rd party themes but as i have yet to find a problem on any other 3230 apart from ones branded with the orange software, then i come to the conclusion that its a fault caused by the Orange software.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

has anyone else had the time to follow the instructions on the orange website?
thanks
Please use plain text.