Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

5233: Corrupted widget on mem card & startup probl...

Advisor
Blueer
Accepted Solution

5233: Corrupted widget on mem card & startup problem

[ Edited ]

After loading up some MP3s and a widget (a flashlight app) via bluetooth, I turned off my Nokia 5233. Next morning turned it on but it wouldn't go farther than the Nokia logo on white. Removed battery, left a few minutes, same thing. Removed battery, removed 2Gb memory card while phone was off, reinserted battery, turned it on, phone came back to life. Reinserted mem card; it was recognized, all apps (installed on the card) and music/photos were there, everything worked.

However, if I turn off the phone and later on again, it's the same, can't boot further than logo screen unless I boot with the mem card out and insert it later. I guess mem card is corrrupted, and yes, checked that there were now 2 icons for that flashlight app. Removed the app via the app manager, there's still one icon left. Trying to remove it via the Organize->Remove command gives a 'File Corrupted' mesage and it can't de deleted; it doesn't run either. Is there a way to remove this 'corrupted' file?

So... guess there's no option but re-formating mem card, is it? I've backed up all photos but really dread having to re-install all the apps I had on it. Is there a way to check for mem card integrity or fix it without having to clean it off?

Mobile Sensei
carman58

Re: 5233: Corrupted widget on mem card & startup problem

You could try defragmenting and repairing it, but corrupt memory cards do tend to cause problems, so you may end up having to format/replace it :smileysad:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Registered Member
wadibahi

my mobile "nokia 5233" also  show this error

when i save .mp3 from from my laptop and also from desktop.  songs is show corrupted and merge with all song which is already in mobile.if i download .mp3 from my card reader in my card then also it show corrupted but my pc have no virus i have also report of kaspersky antivirus so plz tell me this mobile is defaulted bad like other nokia mobiles such as last my nokia 6120c,3110,6630,7210 supernova,6680

i have many errors in my last phone but i am fan of nokia so i buy nokia but this is my last phone of nokia .

Advisor
Blueer

Oddly enough... the problem on my 5233 seems to have gone away. After installing another app, the last widget I installed (that darned flashlight) showed two more icons again. I deleted one, the other (corrupted one) couldn't be, turned off the phone. Then turned it on... forgetting to keep the memory card out. As luck would have it, phone booted without a hitch, offending widget is gone, and I can turn it off/on with no problem. Saved me from having to re-format the mem card, at least for now.

Of course, I have other long-standing problem :-) yes, it's hard loving Nokia products.

Registered Member
samuelsoares27

but mine is badly corrupted it takes a long time to start and it shows system error:smileyindifferent: