Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5250 Hard Reset

Zien

5250 Hard Reset

Keys for hard resetting?
Installed a theme and my phone restarted,and it doesn't seem to want to switch on,so I figured that a hard reset might work,but I can't seem to find the keys,help please.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: 5250 Hard Reset

Try pressing down answer call+ reject call+ camer a button and hold those down while you press the power button. Keep holding them down untill you're past the nokia handshake logo.

It will wipe your phonememory, but I'm sure you already know that.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Zien

the problem is,it doesn't work,and the reject call button is the power button.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I see, it was just a bad hunch I got. Will have a look at it. Have you tried removing the battery for a minute beofre putting it back together and tried turning it on again?
Please use plain text.
Zien

[ Edited ]

doesn't work.
I heard some where that,because the theme might be corrupted or not compatible with my phone,thus it hang at start up and doesn't go to menu.

And it doesn't even get passes the handshake,it only shows the word "Nokia"

Thanks for your quick reply though.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

[ Edited ]

Yeah, but it wasn't much help was it? :smileywink: I'm checking it out atm but I'm not sure if there is one as the end button also is power. Anyway, did you install the theme on a memory card? If you have done that or have a memory card try pulling that out and check if the phone boots without the card installed. If it does, you should probably format the memory card. If the theme still shows as installed you could try a soft reset if you can get the phone.

What you could try but what's possible to be just BS from me is various combinations:

call, menu, camera and then on button

call, camera and then on button (press those two first).

Call, camera, volume down + on
call, camera, volume up + on
call, menu, volume up + on
call , menu, volume down + on

or menu, camera, volume up/down + on

Wouldn't that be all combinations? :smileytongue:

Sorry for my mess, but if you have the time, you could try them all. If non of them works I would contact a Nokia care point. You can find your nearest care point by starting locating it here:http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/care-points

Give them a call and hear if they have any clue about this:smileyhappy:  If you should get a good answer I would be happy if you could post it here!

Please use plain text.
Zien

Doesn't seem to work.
Gotta send it for repair,and don't think I have a warrenty.
Got to ask my dad about it,hes the one that bought it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Decoded

Just use *#7370# but be sure to back up ur all data
Please use plain text.