Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5530 XM sync with Outlook/PC-Suite?

Advisor
Accepted Solution

5530 XM sync with Outlook/PC-Suite?

Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with my query.

I really fancy the 5530 XM after being a 6xxx user for years, but before I buy, I need to know does it sync contacts and calendar, etc with Microsoft Outlook? 

The reason I ask is the specs don't actually make it clear whether it does or not - and, unless the site hasn't been updated, PC Suite isn't available for the 5530.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: 5530 XM sync with Outlook/PC-Suite?

yes it does work.

just download pcsuite for the 5800.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for the reply.  Yeah you're right.  I bought the 5530 on Saturday (oh and I think it's marvellous), and I connected it straight up to PC Suite that I had got already installed for my 6300.  A quick sync and all my contacts and calendar are populated :-)
Please use plain text.
JangoFett

I also got a 5530 XM last week but I cannot get PC suite to populate the phone with my Contacts & Calendar items.

I see someone mentioned to get PC Suite for the 5800 but I wasn't aware there were different PC SUites for the different phones.  I'm using an E65 for 2yrs without any issues with synchronising with PC Suite but this version I have (7.1.40.6) doesn't transfer the info.

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.