Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5530 xpressmusic: groups tab in contacts not selec...

Contributor
marvin121
Accepted Solution

5530 xpressmusic: groups tab in contacts not selectable

in the contacts window, i have three tabs at the very top: an icon that looks like a list, another one that sayy OVI and the third one has three people. i take the third one is the groups tab... but i cannot choose it, nothing happens when i click/press on either of those three.... same goes for call logs where there are also several tabs on top same goes for the bluetooth window restarting doesn't solve this. updating neither. not using any protective film. tried screen calibration several times to no avail. but that shouldn't be the problem anyway, cause in the main window (default screen) i can change the profile alright, and that's just about in the same place as those tabs.... any ideas what this is and how to fix it? thanks!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: 5530 xpressmusic: groups tab in contacts not selectable

If you go into the settings and select the phones default theme does the problem persist? I've seen similar problems caused by badly made 3rd party themes.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
marvin121

sir! yes, sir! this is totally solving it!

you're my hero of the day so far!

mille grazie mr. psychooverlordmaniacsirmisterpresident, this did bother me, you'll get my vote next elections.

just too bad the groups i make in osx' address book don't sync... but i guess they'll need another 2yrs to get that done.

now, you woudn't have a list of links or so with fully functional themes, would you?

Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Hello @marvin121,

The easiest way to find good and proper themes in every respect is

to go to the "Ovi store" via the app in your phone.

-vvaino

#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Cheers marvin121, happy you are now back up and running properly again :smileyhappy:

There's no list as such but i've always found themes from the links below to work well. Be sure to install themes for your operating system (S60v5 or S^1) as themes for older versions can cause problems.

www.babinokia.com
http://ind190.blogspot.com
http://www.dhsthemes.com
Please use plain text.
Contributor
marvin121

yes master, i will heed your warnings! thanks, tata!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marvin121

hi wino

thanks for your answer.

but:

i'd never use the phone for internet because

1. i'd never let those telcom-**bleep** fool me into signing any contract with them, ie. i'm prepay and surfing on this is crazy costwise

1. it sucks to surf on a 1" screen

2. its slow and tedious

3. i'm a computer person and not a phone person

4 ovi looks like another **bleep**ing scam to me and i wouldn't trust it any further as i could through it

tata. phil

Please use plain text.
Contributor
marvin121

but most of all: cell phone frequency is 2.4ghz, ie. microwave. something u better not have your body and brain exposed to any more than absolutely necessary.

cheers kids.

Please use plain text.