Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5530XM Won't boot with memorycard in

samfisher19

5530XM Won't boot with memorycard in

Hi,

since a few days I've noticed that, when I turn of my phone, it won't boot again untill i remove my memorycard.

I've allready reformat the card, no succes. Defrag the card and did a memorycheck, still no solution.

Now I did a reset *#7370# and still no reboot with the card inside.

Could this be a hardware error?

Any help would be great.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: 5530XM Won't boot with memorycard in

To eliminate that, do you have a spare card to test in your 5530? And do you have a spare phone to try your "denied" card in?
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
samfisher19

I'm trying to do that right now. Only problem is that I only have my girlfriends Samsung. It has a 4Gb card (class 2).

Could a class 2 card slow down the phone badly. If the original card could be the problem, I will keep the one from my girlfriend :-)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

I would guess that the card you got with your 5530 was a class 2? Usually class 2 is fine for basic use. Using the card for music should be just fine.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
samfisher19

Owkay,

I found the problem, only need a solution.

I bought Garmin software because Ovi maps don't "speak".

It seems that when I don't install Garmin everything is ok. When I install Garmin XT the phone won't reboot.

Anyone know this issue?

Please use plain text.