Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5630 XM Music Player

5630 XM Music Player

Hi, so I'm just wondering if anyone else's 5630 music player keeps crashing? Mine does after a few songs.. Not every time but pretty often.

Hoping a new firmware will fix it. :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Re: 5630 XM Music Player

I have the same problem as you - music player crashes. When I'm listening any song and press back, every second time the song stop playing. The third problem - all the time when I view my "All Songs" list it shows "Opening" but what he's opening!?

I guess this firmware 11.020 is not finished yet.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
zulixp

I'm using 3rd party music player (coreplayer) and it works fine without WSOD
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

another option is to use third-party applications such as CorePlayer, though the firmware is still not mature yet. updates forthcoming within the next year will increase the speed, reliability and reduce the number of bugs present. this question has been asked and answered many times before on these forums, all you can do is sit tight and be patient. 

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vip_blast

Hmm me too, when pressing back the song stops...I use LCG Jukebox at times, because of the lyrics viewer and the nice equaliser...and yeah its true, it keeps "opening"! :smileyfrustrated:
Proud User of NOKIA 5730 XpressMusic! =D

If you think I've been of any help, don't hesitate to press the Green Star :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Imagine for a while that you to buy a bycicle and once riding you to discover that the breaks doesn´t work.

Then the manufacter said to you to be pacient while they develope a new break model.

They have your money and you a parcial or ful unusable good.

I can´t find reasons to be pacient. I pay the money they requested and they gave me a handicaped device.

Because the Music Player defect is actual and real, the solution for a device named ExpressMusic can´t await.

Nolkia had my confidence because they made robust and cero trouble phones, but N5630 is an exception,  I suppose, and need an inmediate solution. I think this is a no delay Nokia work. Don´t you?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

what you need to remember is that Nokia try their best at testing and developing phones before they are released. they don't have access to testing by millions of users, so when the phones are released, there of course will be more bugs reported to them and that they will know of, since say for example, they had a hundred testers, now they have access to millions more. and most of the time they do a great job, and within months the phone is noticeably faster, more stable, more reliable and a pleasure to use. i must admit i was a bit miffed when i bought my N78 and it was buggy, but i was patient and with the last few updates it has gotten better and better. now my phone is a joy to use with the latest firmware (v30), and i have not had a single Music Player bug/crash/hang/restart in a whole month of intensive usage with the phone. not to mention the phone either. please be patient and you will be rewarded.

please throw some kudos our way, it would mean a lot to us :smileyhappy: 

If you found this or someone's comments helpful or like what that person has to say, please give some Kudos to their post! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

If NOKIA will sell his mobiles with only a parcial testing proccess, I suggest they ask for a fraction of the phone final price, till they solve those 'undetectable´ bugs, such as the random restart of the MusicPlayer. 

By the way, N5630 is ExpressMussic serial. Did the tester forget to try the MusicPlayer?.

I don´t want to be pacient, I want the mobile the NOKIA advertisements describe.

My best.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

well if you consider that there are millions of lines of codes in firmware, then you would understand the many millions of combinations that are possible for phone interaction. and to go through all of that, and to debug everything, to identify every process that may impede on phone operation, or give rise to instabilities or bugs. and considering the intense complexity of phones, you would understand that it is indeed difficult to stamp out every bug, and that they're doing a great job considering the circumstances they're under. if you're too stubborn to accept that, and have patience, then well that's your problem. most of us here understand the situation they're in, as with all technological product, it's impossible to get a perfect working product. most of the time they can get as close as they can to it, and it's a hats-off and testament to their hard work.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

It is great for you to defend Nokia, their products are good, but they really shouldn't release their products until they do exactly what they are supposed to do. If the game function had bugs I wouldnt mind, it just happens to be the most important function. I guess the only thing to do is to wait for new firmware. I'm not a techy so don't know what this is, so I hope you are right!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I wasn´t waitting a 'GOLD PROGRAM', that's a zero errors program, when y buy a Symbien Smartphone with aproximatly 175 Mbytes long code.

I accept bugs occurs. I do several every day, and I try to solve them as soon as I realize. Does NOKIA?. I think so.

My phone is NOKIA Model 5630d-1 Type RM-431, and software version 011.020 dated 26th Apr 2009.

People with the problem of this discussion don´t need a new software version, I think, only a patch while programers do their unfinished job.

From April till August (four months) they have had enough time to solve a software error releasing a patch.

Should it be a hardware problem?. What a stupid idea!. Because NOKIA is still selling XM5630.

Please use plain text.