Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5800 File Locations

Registered Member
scot5800
Accepted Solution

5800 File Locations

I had to hard reset my phone and afterwards all files were deleted. I have downloaded the rintones (mp3) but am not sure in which directory they should be by default in internal memory.

Specifically the 'Nokia Song' that plays when the phone is switched on and shows hands shaking has no music even though I have the 'Nokia Song' installed.

Can someone tell me the interna lmemeory dircetory where these mp3 files should be?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: 5800 File Locations

Welcome to the forum!

Are Warning tones "Off" or "On" found in Menu > Settings > Personal > Profiles > General  > Personalise

Ringtones could be in either C:\Data\Sounds\Simple or E:\Sounds\ Simple if you don't want to appear under Music Player. 

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
scot5800

You were right about the warning tones. I didn't have the SIM card in so it was in offline mode where this is turned off.

Unfortunately, I turned it on in 'offline' mode and I now get a beep when the 'shaking hands' appear but still no music. Also, even though empty directories were cerated none are called 'data'. I created the directory path you mentioned and copied all fiels into it but still no music on startup.

Two possibilities, one - the 'nokia song' I have the fiel for isn;t the one played on startup or two - file in wrong place.

I'm going to pop in by phone shop today and see if I can get a coy of a new phone's directory & files on a memory card and copy to mine to see if I can get it going unless someone has a bcakup of their phone done when new I can use.

Thanks for help.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Still very surprised that "Nokia" ringtones deleted by "hard reset". I wrongly assumed that these were ringtones added by yourself, as Nokia ringtones are in protected area which is Z:\data\Sounds\Digital which you won't find using device File Manager.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.