Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5800 Start Up Problem

Registered Member

5800 Start Up Problem

I have a Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phone which will  not switch on correctly. When I power up the phone all I get is the first Nokia screen (white with Nokia on the bottom) after which the no further boot up action. Does the phone need to go back to Nokia. I've only had the phone for 3 months.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Re: 5800 Start Up Problem

look at the following codes cred for rad 24

With all these operations I recommend you TAKE OUT MEMORY CARD and DO A BACK UP OF YOUR STUFF!!!

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list. The default code for ALL operations listed here is 12345

2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone (out of the box, tho keep in mind that most newer nokia phones at least n series, e series and s60 based phones have udp - user data preservation so not ALL data may be lost. still it is a good idea to always do a back up of your stuff.)

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)
hard reset - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons ( for Nokia 5800XM - use the following buttons to do a hard reset, GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up. this will only work on 5800's that have firmware version 20... and up. ) For Nokia N97 (unofficial version but works) is SHIFT /SPACE BAR / BACKSPACE while holding the power button. Again do not let go until you see the handshake screen.

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.

I have this problem too. I take out the mem card, and take out the battery for 1 minute, and take back only battery, and switch on.
Please use plain text.
LodJakson

Same problem here :smileysad:

But takeing out the memcard, removing the the battery and insert it again dose work for me.

Is this a firmware problem or is it a hardware problem?

Please use plain text.
Sage
babalao20

NONE OF THEM not the firmware, not the hardware, it's a program that you installed causing the crach. 

perform a hard rest and you are good to go.

Please use plain text.
LodJakson

Thanks for the fast replay

Is ther a bootup log so I can see which app cause the problem?

When I performe a hard reset all installed apps are gone or I misunderstud there something?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

No need to do a hard reset actually. Just uninstall apps from the card. If you are using the free Nokia card, it has a class 2 writespeed which entails a virtual limit of 50-60 installations on the card. just remove apps until you can access correctly the app manager.

If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Sage
babalao20

if actually you can have acces to the phone then you can just uninstall any program you installed recently through application manager. If you can't acces the phone then you will need to perform a hard reset. This will wipe the c memory into factory settings. If after the hard reset you are still facing this trouble then it mean that file interacting with the phone is one either the mass memory or the E card, you will need to find it out or then just format each one of them.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
calefish

That was great. fixed the problem of my Nokia 5800 with the first option.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
charren

ohhhhh!tnx guys my problem s solved!  jaja!

Please use plain text.