Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5800: Unable to perform Bluetooth Operation

Contributor

5800: Unable to perform Bluetooth Operation

Hi, on my Nokia 5800 I always get the message 'Unable to perform Bluetooth Operation' when trying to turn on Bluetooth. I I already tried several  proposed solution, without succes unfortunately.

* Remove battery

* Hard reset

* Soft reset

* hit it on the side as proposed somewhere in the forum.

I raised a request through Nokia support a week ago. They promised to contact me withing the 48 hours, but I have't heard anything from them.

I have fw: 30.0.011. Altough Nokia site says there is a newer version I cannot update my phone yet  (tried via Nokia update on PC and on mobile itself)

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: 5800: Unable to perform Bluetooth Operation

Nobody??
Please use plain text.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM↲I HAVE TRIED THE SAME  BUT NO WAY↲  PLEASE WE NEED SOME BODY TO HELP US
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

looks like we made a wrong phone choice this time, i have the same problem with my 1 week old nokia 5800. waste of money
Please use plain text.
Contributor

The guy fromnokia support told me to visit a nokia service center.

The nokia service center told me, without even really checking they could not help me.

Conclusion: use the phone as long as the basic functionality works, then buy another one (which won't be a Nokia!!) 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
petebu1

I hardly use bluetooth but I just found I have this problem too. The phone is 20 months old and purched direct from Nokia Netherlands. I took it to my local Nokia service center and it was repaired in 5 days at no charge. There was a fault will the board!! All working now.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Picburn

Guys, I´m sorry to be the one to break it down to you, but it seems the culprit for this problem is a virus.

I know it sounds farfectched but I had the same problem, I did a lot of research and in an spanish board someone mention that if you had made a backup of the whole phone with PC suite from before the problem with teh bluetooth arise, then restore it and that the bluetooth functionality would be back, he went on to say that this virus erased files vital to the bluetooth operation. So I went on and did the restore, and lo and behold, bluetooth is back!!!! but he also warned not to be very happy as he said the virus still looms in teh cell and that it will erase the files again taking the bluetooth with it.... I did the restore 1 hour ago, and I still have the bluetooth working.

Lets hope it remains that way.

Please let me know if this works for anyone else and how long it lasts.

Cheers,

PICburn

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
BPablo

Thanks for your feed as I have the same problem.  In my case, I have no back up & the antivirus cant scan the phone. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jointboy

hey man. i had a backup before the problem it i restored it still no good. any other advice?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
stephen3

I have 5800 and HS21 BT earphone from Nokia.

After update, I had repeatedly the same problem as yours and bought one BT headphone from Jabra for replacement.

I tried to reset the HS21, and it works perfectly suprisingly now.

I guess every firmware we update need to "synchronize" with BT device by resetting it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
scottybonzo

@stephen3

I think the original problem was that he couldnt TURN ON the bluetooth itself, therefore totally unable to sync with anything

I'm watching this feed as i have encountered same problem with my X6

Also dont know if its related but my radio doesnt work either

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
costy

hellow, can you send us your backup please ? it may help's us  a lot ... i have this same problem and i whant to fix it   thanked anticipated

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Raunaq90

Hard RESET is the only option to get your BLUETOOTH back.

1) Switch of your nokia x6.
2) To hard reset, press and hold the green call button + red end call button and the camera capture button, then turn on the phone using the power button while holdling the other buttons until you see the Nokia handshake.
3)Note that you will lose all your data in your phone memory unless you already have a backup of your phone.
It worked for me..!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Am having same problem after update to v60.0.003 bluetooth do not work it was working before and doing *#2820# there's no bluetooth address on.. any help please.. before updating all worked i did all hard rest that could be done and even reinstall update 6 times

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

sirdarbeg wrote:

Am having same problem after update to v60.0.003 bluetooth do not work it was working before and doing *#2820# there's no bluetooth address on.. any help please.. before updating all worked i did all hard rest that could be done and even reinstall update 6 times

Most probably its a Hardware issue that needs to be looked into by Nokia Care technician ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sunnysanyal

Same problem i get after installation of newupdate my bluetooth nw on its deadline saying unable to start operation **bleep**. Nokia must to solve the problem damn ur update is corrupted

Please use plain text.
Mr_Malawi

UNABLE TO PERFORM BLUETOOTH OPERATION On my Nokia 5230!!! How can i deal with this problem then? I tried formating(hard reseting) but nothing happens Now am heading to Updating the version(since i bought not yet updated). .Help me please!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

@Mr_Malawi did you consider the Nokia Software Recovery Tool on a Windows computer already? Then, all configuration and software issues are ruled out. Only hardware faults remain. However in all past cases I am aware of, this was a hardware fault.

Please use plain text.