Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5800 WIFI connection never stops - drains my b...

Accepted Solution

5800 WIFI connection never stops - drains my battery!!

I have a Nokia 5800

The problem is that the WIFI never turns off!

It drains my battery and I need to find a way to turn it off

When I turn off the phone, it stops for awhile then starts the WIFI again

How can I turn off this feature?

Is there any software such as HandyWi that I can install to manage this?

Thanks

Billy

Please use plain text.
Professor
reinob

Re: 5800 WIFI connection never stops - drains my battery!!

Is it actually connecting, or just showing WLAN availability?

If connecting, you need to find what is connecting. The phone doesn't connect by itself for no reason, so some program must be requesting the connection (e-mail, weather app, etc.)

On the other hand, maintaining a WLAN connection (idle) doesn't use that much battery (unless the router is buggy), so if your battery is running out quickly, it probably means some program is actively using the connection (as well as the CPU, etc.)

Can you check which programs you have running and/or if/how you have configured the e-mail?

Please use plain text.

Thanks for this. I did get an answer from Nokia support ContactCentre.Europe@nokia.com which solved the problem:

To help rectify the concern of your mobile phone, we suggest that you check your email settings on your mobile phone if you have set up your Nokia Messaging on your mobile phone. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press Menu
2. Select Application.
3. Select Email.
4. When you are on your email’s inbox, Select Options.
5. Select Tools.
6. Select Settings.
7. Select When to sync
8. Kindly change the following details:
Days :smileyfrustrated:u-Sa
Hours: On all day
Sync while roaming :Never sync
Disable synce when:Battery at 20%
Send and Recieve:Every day

This particular troubleshooting step above will help disable your mobile phone from connecting to the internet and WLAN.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
joeaperson

Solved: :smileyhappy: No need to uninstall any  good app. follow this

Setting>Connectivity>Wireless Lan>Option>Setting>Show Wlan Availability=Never

And your problem is gone forever.

Pray for who wrote this. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AKashrotti

To do so you need to go to go to connectivity settings,there connection manager,and disconnect ur wifi,immediately go to destinations,internet,click ur wifi name and make it ad-hoc where it will be infrastructure(if its ad-hoc make it infrastructure)&come back it will not able to connect to wifi

Please use plain text.