Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

5800 pc suite

Contributor

5800 pc suite

Hi, I'm new to this site. I just got a 5800 and installed pc suite on my laptop, linked my phone and got the message on my pc to go to 'help>reinstall pc suite support' on my phone.   Went on my phone to find it but it says no data when I searched help for it. So now I can't transfer anything because it says pc suite is not up to date.   Any ideas?

Also, I've got the same problem with 'expired certificate' popping up when I try to install anything.  Are Nokia intending to fix this, do you know?  How do I get round it in the meantime, bearing in mind I'm not a boffin.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Re: 5800 pc suite

carken wrote:

Hi, I'm new to this site. I just got a 5800 and installed pc suite on my laptop, linked my phone and got the message on my pc to go to 'help>reinstall pc suite support' on my phone.   Went on my phone to find it but it says no data when I searched help for it. So now I can't transfer anything because it says pc suite is not up to date.   Any ideas?

Also, I've got the same problem with 'expired certificate' popping up when I try to install anything.  Are Nokia intending to fix this, do you know?  How do I get round it in the meantime, bearing in mind I'm not a boffin.

Thanks.

The thing about reinstalling PC Suite Support is within your computer on PC Suite not on your phone!

The problem with a expiried certificate can be handled by "travelling in time" if you know what I mean... :smileywink:

By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thanks for that info, I found the file.  Now all I have to do is get the certificate problem sorted and perhaps pc suite might sort itself out.  

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

[ Edited ]

illinjah wrote:

The problem with a expired certificate can be handled by "traveling in time" if you know what I mean... :smileywink:

Ok, if you don´t know what I mean, I´ll help you: set back the date of the phone... :smileywink:

Message Edited by illinjah on 17-Mar-2009 09:15 PM
By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I put the date back one year and tried installing a solitaire program I got from here but the invalid warning came up again, also tried viewing contacts on pc suite - same problem.

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Keep on setting the clock back even further until the phone lets you install the application.

I don´t understand what kind of problem you are having with the contacts on PC Suite and what that has got to do with the problem you mentioned in the first post.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I went on my phone on my pc and tried to access my contacts but it would not allow it - message on phone again said expired certificate.
Please use plain text.

I have a different problem.  In help menu on PC, the function of reinstall PC suite support is disable and I cannot sync my inbox from phone to PC, however, I can syne the sent box from phone to PC.  It showed in help content that you need to reinstall the support but I couldn't as it showed on menu but disable.  Do you know how I can fix it?  Thanks.
Please use plain text.