Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5800 screen corruption

Registered Member

5800 screen corruption

My 5800 has been fine these last 6 months but a few days ago it developed a fault whereby the screen corrupts when keylock off is selected.  Sometimes it clears in a second or 2 other times it refuses to come back and repeated use ot the keylock and the red button are the only cures.  The screen displays many horizontal lines and it is not possible to read anything but pressing the screen will activate any icons you touch even though you do not know which one you have pressed.

I have the latest software update.  I have not tried a hard or soft reset.  Took it back to local store today but its a new fault to them. they have offered to send it away and give me a loan phone meanwhile.  Before I do that, I thought I would ask if anyone had seen anything similar.

Cheers 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

ive seen this article about it something similar

http://nokia5800.net/have-you-experienced-the-nokia-5800-snowy-screen-problem/

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks for the reponse, that article is very similar to my problems and it sounds like my display is failing.  As time goes on its getting worse and pretty soon I think the phone will be unusable.

Back to the shop it goes........!!

Cheers

Please use plain text.
tomfranz

hi i recently got successfully repaired my broken screen on my 5800 it was working fine for a few days and then i updated the Firmware to V5... when it turned back on after update the bottom half of the screen was white and the top half is corrupt and looks like 1cm chunk of what should be on the right of the screen is now on the left...it also effects the digitiser which leads me to believe that it must be a software problem.....ive flashed the firmware (V5) over and over again and still no difference during the flash process however when the screen says nokia local mode and the screen looks fine so this must be a software problem???? 

if any one could help then that would be most appreciated!!!! 

Please use plain text.
Advisor

just replace your lcd or downgrade ur phone if ur phone is'nt sl3 i have same prob coz my geniune lcd is broken yesterday i hvto update my phone to 51.0 after update my phone lcd is half n croupt so i hv downgrade to 21.0 with mxkey now phone is ok check n post result thanks
Please use plain text.
themairtinus

Hi I also replaced my lcd screen cause it was cracked and now I know its not genuine ,cause I updated my phone to 51.0 and after update my phone lcd is half croupt :smileysad: ,so I need help to downgrade is there any guide out there? or is my phone bricked . i dont realy want to spend more money buyn another screen , it was running fine on 4.0. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Martin

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Downgrading the firmware is not possible at user end.. It may be possible only at Nokia Care with specialized equipment / software.. but if you have changed the LCD screen yourself  they may not do it for you now... Just take a chance if you want...

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--If you find this helpful, pl. hit the White Star in Green Box...

Please use plain text.
themairtinus

thanks for the info. Kudos to you
Please use plain text.