Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 5800 youtube hang

Counsellor
JackS

5800 youtube hang

hello. I have a little problem. When i watch youtube wideo with my5800, video hangs when played about 3~6 s.Seconds continue to go on but video and audio hangs. When i try to scroll video back,it resumes where it hanged and plays with no problems. At the beginning i didnt have such problem.
Please use plain text.
Sage

Are you running it on WiFi (not 3G) via YouTube app? If not, try using it via YouTube app which is more stable than built in browser.

It sometimes hang in my 5800 XM too. Just close it and restart then.

The tiny CPU can't take too much load :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JackS

I have only tryied wifi with built in browser. At first about a week or so, everything worked fine, but then it started to hang... it is weird that it happens with every video i try to watch in youtube. I have tryied to delete all cookies and browsing history, but nothing... it continues. I have only installed 7 apps myself, and theres 5,6gb free space on mem card, and 60mb free phone memory.

Where can i get that youtube app?

Please use plain text.
Sage

You can download YouTube app from Google's mobile site.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JackS

In youtube app, video quality is quite boor, but it doesn't hang, but it lagsa lot. Default nokia browser it runs smoothly but hangs at the beginning. Scrolling back, it continues to play smoothly to the end.
Please use plain text.
Sage
classic_sis

Interested to talk about play YouTube. I use Nokia 6730 classic. If I use YouTube App to play videos. My phone frequently hang if it plays for a few minutes. I should release the battery to switch my phone off. My phone internal memory is still about 45 MB and 282 MB of 1 GB microSD. Does this problem caused by insufficient of RAM or something else?

Thank you before
Niki
Please use plain text.