Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

5800XM - Use Keyguard Switch to unlock

Sage
Accepted Solution

5800XM - Use Keyguard Switch to unlock

Just this afternoon, when I try to do anything on my 5800, it says use keyguard switch to unlock screen and keys. I slide the keyguard switch, it says the same.

I also have a snall key icon at the top of the screen.

I've tried a 5 minute battery pull.

Any other suggestions??

Sage

Re: 5800XM - Use Keyguard Switch to unlock

OK.. I did a full reset.. Red, Green & camera, and now I can get back in.

Any ideas what caused this ??

Registered Member
gabra

I encountered with the same problem after a (succesful) firmware update. I was unable to use a hard reset thought and had to return back to previous version of my firmware.
I was able to update firmware to 20 but not to any later (the last is 51).
Registered Member
rahmz

the key guard also strucks and only way is to remove back cover to disconnect battery and restart!!

this is really bad nokia is resposible to give some reply and also let the users who are purcahsing costly smart phones to depend not to suffer at times we are in hurry.

tjmtjmtjm

This morning this problem hit my 5800: while I was reading some articles on wifi the phone locked and it wouldn't unlock whatever I do. When I press shut off button it says to use key guard unlock but it won't work.

I have latest firmware, memory is not full and there aren't lot of applications.

I tried with removing battery, sim, sd card, waiting: nothing helped.

I already thought about factory reset of full blown hard reset.

Then I read post about headphones so I tried this and phone was unlocked and free. (I actualu didn't use headphones but just 3,5mm jack.)

With unlocked phone I went to "Menu/Settings/Phone/Phone mgmt./Auto. keyguard." and chandeg value from "None" to "User defined" of 5min. Then I restarted phone. When I turned it back on it was unlocked! Then I returned value to None and phone is still ok.

Just for any case I will make back up of phone and set USB cable to be in default PcSuite mode to easily make backup if this happens again.

Thanks everyone for posting and hope this will help others.