Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

6110 - 1 or more alarms missed due to time change

Counsellor

6110 - 1 or more alarms missed due to time change

[ Edited ]
Wheneevr Is et a calendar alarm it does not go off, but instead, when I check the calensdar, I get the "1 or more alarms missed due to time change" message.

Now - the time has not changed (other than to increment by the second as one would expect); the time is not being updated by my network provider (this option is disabled by default), so what is the problem?

How can I avoid this? Does the calendar alarm function actually work?

[Latest 3.58 firmware, phone was reformatted with the new firmware too]

Message Edited by 6110nav on 29-Aug-200701:06 PM

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: 6110 - 1 or more alarms missed due to time change

It happened to me too.

What I did was to go to Windows Media Player and disable the "set clock on devices automatically" under the privacy settings.

Give it a try.
/alan
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Why under privacy?! Shouldn't it be under "devices" !
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Good question :smileyhappy: I double checked it and it's under Privacy.

I'm using Windows Media Player 11 (latest patch).
/alan
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I didn't see you said Under Privacy the first time, and so looked around and eventually found it. Just seems a really odd place to put it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Sorry about that.

Anyhow I just did some testing and it seems to solve the problem. Will monitor for next few days and revert back.
/alan
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Today it happened again. Sigh! Looks like that is not the cause of the problem ... sorry.

I've written to Nokia for help but they have not reply yet.
/alan
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

> I've written to Nokia for help but they have not reply yet.

Let us know what the solution is - I deleted ALL my calendar items, turned off the phone, turned it back on, go into the calendar and ... yes, "1 or more alarms missed due to time change". Arghhhhhh.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]
Just got off the phone after 25 minutes with the "Nokia Careline" operator - result: neither she nor her computer database had any idea what was causing the problem and her only suggestion was to "take the phone to a Nokia service centre".

Specifically, she had no idea what caused the problem and could not understand why, even after I had deleted all the calendar events/notes/alarms, the message still kept popping up. All in all, she was rather disinterested in pursuing the issue of a possible firmware bug (perhaps because Nokia keep these things -like firmware relaese notes/bugs/bugfixes etc - secret not only from their customers but from their Careline staff).

Message Edited by 6110nav on 30-Aug-200703:04 PM

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I noticed several reports of the same issue occurring with the Nokia 6120 Classic (see here).
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Guess what, Nokia claims it's a isolated case :smileytongue:
---
In response to your email regarding the Calendar issue.

Have you checked the "Date/ Time" settings in the "Control Panel"?

Have you checked the "Preference" in "Options" on "Calendar" in Microsoft Outlook?

If the Date/ Time are correct, then we will take this as feedback from you regarding the 6110 Navigator firmware version 3.58.

As this is still an isolated case, we may need sometime to gather more details and information for us to rectify the issue.
---
/alan
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Ok, which email address do I send my "isolated" case to?

Surely they've noticed that it is not even confined to the 6110? One wonders what they do when you ring the Nokia CareLine - forget there was even a call? Grrrrr.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hippo ... email address?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Guess what.... it's such an isolated case that it's happened to me too :smileysad:

If anyone gets the answer to this PLEASE post it on here.

What with the silent button not working, missing calandar alarms and sometimes not being able to switch off alarm clock unless I take out that battery (anyone else had this?)I'm getting a tad peeved with this phone.
All Nokia seem to say is take it to a repair centre but time doesn't always allow this - but it looks like I'll have to make time soon.

For all it's faults I'm starting to miss my old SE phone. Please tell me all Nokia's aren't this buggy.
Please use plain text.
Professor
tweets

This has recently started to happen to me with my N95, but it worked fine when I first got it
Phones I've owned (not in any order) 8210 7100 3510 3510i 7650 9210Communicator 1600 3310 3330 3650 5110 6230 9500Communicator N70 N90 N91 N73(ME) N95
Please use plain text.
Advisor

i rest my case. Here's what I did:

1) Formatted phone (*#7370#).
2) Set date/time and timezone since it's formatted.
3) Added a calendar entry.
4) Reboot phone.
5) Open up calendar and guess what ...
"1 or more alarms missed due to time change"

* Using the latest firmware.
V 03.58 dated 20 Jun 2007

Before the firmware upgrade, there was no such issues.
/alan
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I sent it via the "Contact Us" tab at Nokia's website and they replied via email.

It seems you just can't email to them directly.

Hippo
/alan
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks hippo, I'll do the same.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I can create this error on demand on my 6120 Classic. Very easy:

1) Enter the calender mode.
2) Delete all entries and alarms before current date (just for the purposes of ensuring there are actually no alarms that could have been missed).
3) Enter a new alarm today, say 2 hours from now. Set the alarm to go off 1 hour from now (the times can be anything in the future, so long as you can complete the rest of these steps before the alarm should go off).
4) Turn the phone off.
5) Turn the phone on.
6) Enter the calender > "1 or more alarms missed due to time change"

If you create the meeting with no alarm, you don't get the error. If you create a memo or any of the other calender entry types, you don't get it. You get the error with the steps above and NO other entries in the calender. It is independent of using "network operator time" and independant of any of the "sync" options for the reminder. I have on occasion have the error come up without having to restart the phone, but I believe that was when the day has gone from yesterday to today with an alarm set to go off today, and it'll show the error the very next time you enter the calender in this situation.

I went to the place I bought my phone and asked for a free swap (seeing as I bought the phone within 30 days), and the new phone did exactly the same, first time. I kept the old one, and will be giving it to the local Nokia Care shop tomorrow. WHEN (not if!) they can't fix it (seeing as I have the latest firmware, and even another brand new phone did the same error in 10 seconds flat), Nokia will have to make a new firmware! Hopefully you guys with the 6110 can recreate the error in this exact same way - I assume yours run on S60 too.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Forgot to say, you go back into the calender BEFORE the alarm should go off (so straight away in this case), and you get the error :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.