Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 6110 - 1 or more alarms missed due to time cha...

Advisor

Re: 6110 - 1 or more alarms missed due to time change

Ya, same thing for the 6110 I'm using, I kinda got use to us already until Nokia comes up with a bug fix.
Using V 03.58 :smileytongue:
/alan
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I just got my phone back from the Nokia Care Centre with the latest firmware on it and the phone reformatted. I recreated the error again in 10 seconds. They referred me to the national Nokia phone centre and said they've never seen it before and there wasn't anything more they could do.

I just repeated the steps above to the Nokia rep on the phone and he said they'd never seen it before, but that the issue "will be escalated" and that someone will ring me in 24 to 48 hours. I also made sure they knew that a brand new phone also exhibits the same problem, so that they won't request I send in my phone to analyse the problem. Because I can't be without my phone for too long (work related).

If I can make it happen on a brand new phone with no data on it (simply turned it on and made an appointment/alarm), then they should be able to as well, with the instructions I gave them.

Will keep you posted.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Heh, mine's running 3.83
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Except that mine's a 6120.

@ "Used to it": I live my life by the phone and am an anxious person at it is, without also permanently thinking I'm missing appointments and events. Unacceptable!

I'll actually be proud if Nokia has to come out with a new firmware for something I found, but I also suspect they may wait until there are several faults "backed up" in the wings before releasing a new firmware to fix several at once (which would suck because it could be a couple of months time from now).
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I managed to get the same "isolated" bug on my 6120c firmware 3.70.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

After the 24-48 hours they said they would get back to me, a rep rang to say it's been escalated to the R & D section and that they haven't got a resolution yet. She wasn't able to tell me if they'd successfully recreated the bug themselves, but that they would ring me again Monday (it's Friday here).
Please use plain text.

Same problem on 6120 Classic. Nokia Romania HelpCare doesn't even have the phone on their database!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This same problem happened on my Nokia N95.

I do not know whether this is applicable to all Nokia phones (because I don't know if the facility exists for all phones mentioned here) but I fixed it by going into the Applications-Clock and then to the 'World' section and changing that to a different time zone, then restoring it back to my original one.

This comes up with a message that it is updating the calendar and the problem was gone.

Hope this helps some of you.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hi,

Tried on my 6110 Navigator but the problem is still there.
/alan
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

29-Oct-200711:01 PM
kellettcorp wrote:
This same problem happened on my Nokia N95.

I do not know whether this is applicable to all Nokia phones (because I don't know if the facility exists for all phones mentioned here) but I fixed it by going into the Applications-Clock and then to the 'World' section and changing that to a different time zone, then restoring it back to my original one.

This comes up with a message that it is updating the calendar and the problem was gone.

Hope this helps some of you.

Doesn't work with my 6110 Navigator :smileysad:
Please use plain text.

Re: 6110 - 1 or more alarms missed due to time change disaster

I started getting this message when I returned to South Africa from Europe on my then 6 week old 6110 navigator. I went into the calendar option to edit my entries to check that all the dates and times were correct, and decided to change the time format from 12 hour to 24hour, i.e. 6pm becomes 18h00. Big mistake! When I tried to then add a meeting, the phone displayed the message "system error" as soon as I completed the entry and returned to the menu. All the stand-by short cuts and calendar entries disappeared off the front screen. I went back into the settings and put the time settings back to the 12 hour format, but the calendar no longer works. All dates apart from the current date that displays at the top of the calendar screen, have disappeared - the calendar shows a blank grid - as have all my entries. Any attempt to add an entry or to scroll to another date just dumps me back at the menu. Each time I move off the front screen into any other application, or switch the phone off and back on, the front screen display and shortcuts disappear and the standby settings have to be re-entered. I took it to the Nokia service centre, as instructed by the help line and my service provider who sold me the phone, and they told me that it would take 10 working days to fix (two weeks in lapsed time!), no loan phone would be provided. Based on the info in this forum, there won’t be a fix! I have tried the option of reloading the software (all 73.1mb), switching off "set time on devices on windows media privacy, trying to sync from Outlook calendar to phone ("system error" again), etc. I am currently trying to delete calendar entries prior to today, and this has been running now for 150 minutes. I can live with the disappearing shortcuts, but is there a technocrat out there with any ideas that may help me to restore the calendar function? Many thanks....
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have the same problem :smileysad:

I missed some alarms "due to time change", they don't ring at all! :'(

I hope in a new firmware release as soon as possible!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Just to add to this "isolated" instance

I too am getting this error message. I am on version 3.70. I have NEVER connected my phone to my PC as i have an apple and, as usual, nokia dont create the pc suite for apple (not that i know of anyway). I am in australia, so all of you euro's please feel at ease, as i am experiencing the exact same problem.

Very frustrating. Just thinking, the funniest thing about this is i wont be able to install any patches because I HAVE AN APPLE!!! haha...

Oh the hilarity.

I LOVE YOU NOKIA!

Peace out
Please use plain text.

I also have the problem. Is noone from Nokia listening here at all?? Any feedback would be appreciated!

Stig
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Do you know if the new firmware (4.22) fixes this issue?
Please use plain text.

New firmware 422? I'm still on 3.58 :smileysad: Isn't that not the latest?

stig
Please use plain text.
Contributor

No, it isn't. New firmware is out since few days, I'll give a try this night. I hope it solved the issue, it's very annoying.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

> New firmware is out since few days, I'll give a try this
> night. I hope it solved the issue, it's very annoying.

It would appear that the new firmware v 4.22 does solve the problem. It hasn't happened to me since upgrading - no more error messages and my alarms have started working again.

I'm hesitant to say it is definitely fixed, because it did work originally and then stopped working for unknown reasons.

I wish Nokia would release a detailed change log for new firmware versions - what happened to all those numbers between 3.58 and 4.22. Probably resolving more "isolated" problems :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

yes it seems to be working, now. but it still present the issue of change date:

/discussions/board/message?board.id=smartphones&message.id=61214

I have to wait next release, again.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I spoke too soon, v4.22 of the firmware does NOT fix the issue. Then again, Nokia do not believe it happens when I spoke to support and then again when I used email for support. Or, let me rephrase that, it's meant to be an isolated instance that only affects my phone and I should return it to a service centre for repair ... which is a joke unless I'm imagining all the other isolated instance posts in this thread.

Nokia have to have the most uninformed customer support on earth (not customer service's fault if they're not told anything, all Nokia's fault though).
Please use plain text.