Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 701 Email and Fasinate wont open links

Advisor
Klobaska

701 Email and Fasinate wont open links

hello

when i get an email which contains a link to a page, lets say to confirm my email adress, when i push the link it won start the web to show the content of the page.

as for fascinate, when someone on news feed posts a link to a video on youtube, or an article on a page on the internet, it wont do anything. just like with the email.

can this be because of the NETQIN? i tried turning the firewall off though...

thank you

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Klobaska

same with SMS.. wont open any links... is there something that can block opening links in WEB app? or in opera mobile for that matter?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Klobaska

[ Edited ]

/t5/Nseries-and-Symbian-Smartphones/701-Mail-Calendar-Social-network-and-Web-bug/m-p/1357377

if i may add this... this was NOT solved.. if anyone can help with that also...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Try to do this.
Goto settings, application settings, default applications and in options select restore original settings for all.

Hope this helped you.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Klobaska

sadly, it didnt help
thank you for trying though
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Use restore option in settings.
Goto settings, phone, phone management, factor settings and select restore.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Klobaska

nope still nothing
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Ok. There is some problem with software.
Backup your data and goto Nokia care for software update or reinstall.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Klobaska

i tried restoring and deleting all data via phone command, like you suggested in the older post , i backed up my data and after erasing everything i put them back up. didnt help. or if it did (i did that a week ago dont remember certainly) then it didnt last long since its not working still.

nokia care - you mean a nokia shop ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Nokia Care is actually is a service center and mobile repair shop exclusively for Nokia phones only.

Anyone who bought or have Nokia phones from any shop or Nokia priority shops can goto Nokia Care centers (Not to the shop where you bought) in your city or any other city for repairs, software update or software reinstall.

Nokia care centres are available all over the world, So ask someone in your city about Nokia Care and goto Nokia Care (With receipt of purchase would be good), give them your phone and tell them about the problems of phone.

They will solve the phone problems and will return back your phone after 1 or 2 days (I expect).

Backup important data from your phone or PC before going, they'll charge a fee, if your phone is out of warranty.

Hope this gives a good idea about Nokia care.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Klobaska

i just reinstaled the softwear of the phone via nokia suit. at first it downloaded the firmware (400mb) and then it applied it to the phone... no help here... im starting to feel hopeless:smileytongue:
could featurepack 1 solve the issue?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

I think there is no problem with your phone.
When you click on the link in the email, it says loading and default web browser opens and starts to load the page.
If you cannot see thus, long press menu key and see whether browser has opened and loading the page in the background.

If problem is still there, ask your friend or go and ask Nokia Care.

Please use plain text.