Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 701 Java application

Counsellor
PiElle

701 Java application

I like very much my 701   :smileyvery-happy:

Right now I've only this problem.

The trading on line site of my bank makes use of java applets to display the book of the financial instruments. No problems, using the pc with Windows or Linux (running both the Java-Sun or open-jdk virtual machines).

But when I open those applets in the 701 browser I'm not able to read the data: I mean it opens the pop-up window, but the real data are not downloaded, so I can't read the informations I need (the bid - ask offers).

Is possible to solve the problem?   :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Hello pielle, did you try any third party browsers like Opera mobile?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PiElle

Thanks ajaydavidson   :smileyhappy: !

I'll give it a try and I'll let you know ...

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Mobile phones do not support JSE/JRE (Java Standard Edition, Java Runtime Environment) like PCs (just its little cousin, JME, Java Micro Edition). So, web sites depending on Java applets won't work on mobile phones and their browsers.

I don't know how well Opera Mobile would be able to handle this, but with Opera Mobile, the phone isn't really connecting to the web site in question at all, but to an Opera proxy server that does the actual connection to the web site, and then tries to reformat and compress the data it sends to the Opera Mobile client app. In such a setup using an interactive Java applet on a web page seems very difficult to get working reliably.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PiElle

In fact, Opera Mobile doesn't work either!

The truth is that, as petrib stated, mobile phones don't support Java!   :smileysad:

Please use plain text.