Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 808 Belle FP2 Email New Arrival Widget acting ...

Sage

808 Belle FP2 Email New Arrival Widget acting up.

I recently wiped my 808.

I noticed that now the homescreen email new arrival notification widget will randomly notify me there is a new email arrived even if there is no new email.  I take a look and it goes away. Minutes later same thing can randomly happen. Not all the time but it does happen

Fresh clean install with standard gmail setup with low frequency of emails received in the day.

White 808 Pureview NAM
Black N8 NAM
Silver N95-3 NAM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: 808 Belle FP2 Email New Arrival Widget acting up.

hi mate,

AFAIK not much can be done about this. Symbian was left in a state where it couldn't even use the notification lights on certain devices to let users know of impending emails, and the same happens with the email sync. As Symbian is now in maintenance mode, the likelihood of futher firmware updates (bar the 808), is extremely slim.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Sage

I bought the 808 less than a year ago as a premium device. I expect the shiitty focus problem, text notification tardness and this acting up email notification widget fixed. I don't give a **bleep** what the company is going through. If they want to sell a premium a $600 device they have the obligation to support it too regarldess of where it sits in their roadmap.

White 808 Pureview NAM
Black N8 NAM
Silver N95-3 NAM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

i empathise with your frustrations, but as this is primarily a user to user forum only, your best bet is to leave feedback directly with Nokia via clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page.
Please use plain text.
Sage

This forum is for users to convey problems they are having with Nokia products. This creates awareness and visibility of the issues that exist for other customers and potential customers.

If Nokia wants to ignore the activity on their forums that is their business choice.

But when someone is interested in purchasing a Nokia product they will be better informed as to the choice they are about to make.

White 808 Pureview NAM
Black N8 NAM
Silver N95-3 NAM
Please use plain text.
Sage

ps. If you look at the support links there are only really 3 options.

1. Software updates/Downloads   (Nothing exists to update or download to fix the problems)

2. Forum discussion (which apparently is not the right place to discuss problems)

3. Repairs and a FAQ (which offer no answers to new questions  and only helps if your phone is bricked/defective)

So tell me where is the correct place and method to discuss and correct bugs in their product?

White 808 Pureview NAM
Black N8 NAM
Silver N95-3 NAM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

don't u have a Contact Us section and when you click on that, it says that you can Phone Us? if not, then Google or check your local telephone directory for Nokia's phone number in your country.

There is honestly nothing more we can do for you here mate.
Please use plain text.
Sage

I found the number and will call them tomorrow.

Wonder how the phone call will go...

White 808 Pureview NAM
Black N8 NAM
Silver N95-3 NAM
Please use plain text.