Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: 9300 Erratic Caller ID

Advisor

9300 Erratic Caller ID

My 9300 synching issues are a thing of the past (thankfully) but recently the phone starts showing certain contacts numbers only without the caller's name - despite the name and number stored in the contacts database. Any advice on how to fix this?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

The most likely answer is that you have duplicate contacts with the same phone number in your contact database (after having fixed your sync problems...). In that case, the communicator shows just the number. This is quite annoying especially with corporate switch board numbers and I wish Nokia could make this work so that all the possible contacts were listed...

A standard "feature" in the communicators has also been that if the phone number is very short (e.g. 10 digits including country code, area code and the actual phone number), the phone behaves the same way even without any duplicates. Nokia, please fix this one as well...
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Thanks for your response. I'll check for duplicate numbers in my database. Thanks
Please use plain text.