Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

9300 i offline profile

Contributor

9300 i offline profile

Hi. Desperate for some help. My phone is OFFLINE profil. The inside screen is just white. Teh outside is entirely blank and when i switch the onn/off button, i get the message OFFLINE PROFILE ACTIVE.

There is nothing that is working. No matter what i press, it has no IMPACT.

The manual does not address this issue.

Can anyone help please? Any shortcuts? any little restat buttons i can push???

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: 9300 i offline profile

have you tried restting it by removing the battery the putting it in again and starting it ?
you should at least be able to change the profile from the power button on the front
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Nope. I tried both of those things. When i press the button on the cover, that it when it says OFFLINE PROFILE ACTIVE. Removing and replacing teh battery has not done anything.
Please use plain text.

9300 i offline profile

I've got the same problem, does anybody would like to help ? :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Professor

I have used 9300i for a long time, and I've stretched it to the maximum. However, I have never encountered such a situation. My bet is that the phone is deffective and it needs at least a software reinstall. Good luck.
2110i, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6670, 9300, 9300i, E90, E72, HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S II
Please use plain text.

thanx. I guess it will be the best solution. but I need to restore the stuff from the 9300 memory before flashing.
I got this one, to get back the date from and there it'll be mine ;P.
Please use plain text.

then* ;P
Please use plain text.

oh! I didnt notice. my isnt "i" :smileyhappy: just 9300, but the problem is same.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Sorry Buddy its long time I've been on this forum. Posting u a reply a bit late.

1. Open the cover of the phone
2. Click Tools -> Control Panel -> Telephone -> and on the right pane select Profile Settings.
3. Then u'll get a menu Edit profiles in which the first one would be OFFLINE profile. Highlight that and press the MENU button in the typing pad(MENU will be written on the button).
4. A small window appears in which if u move to the extreme right position u'll have EXIT OFFLINE. Select that and now u have a choice of selecting the required profile.
5. After finishing all these, close the cover and restart ur phone as usual for the power button.

The above process works for Symbian V05.22(01). To check the version press *#0000#

Ash.
Please use plain text.

Offline Profile, recovering from...
DESK/TOOLS Select MENU ...far right (icon)options are
GENERAL
SILENT
MEETING
OUTDOOR
PAGER

Select something else to move from "offline"

Manual is not explicit, hunt around and try different things.
(only took me several hours)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hehehe...first I was shock that I cannot exit from offline profile that I activate unconciously...

But, then I got the easy way to solve the problem.

- Open the cover

- Open Desk

- Open Tools

- Press Menu Button Keypad below right

- Choose exit from offline profile, there will be "Are you sure want to exit from offline profile?"

- Answer "Yes"

cheers...

Dess

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Zeguet

About that "offline profile active":how  can I open my cover and go to anything if the inside dispay is all blank?

Please use plain text.
Professor

I assume that, after all this time, you do not need anymore the data in your 9300. So try the following:

First try:

* Remove and reconnect the battery
* Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + I keys

You will be asked if you want to delete the ini files from the phone, say yes to continue.

If it does not work, try to reformat it:

* Remove and reconnect the battery
* Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + f keys

You will be asked if you want to format the phone, say yes to continue. You will loose everything.

Good luck !

2110i, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6670, 9300, 9300i, E90, E72, HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S II
Please use plain text.