Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

A Windows Phone like the E7-00 Hardware

Registered Member
thornlaw

A Windows Phone like the E7-00 Hardware

I hope someone over at Nokia will soon realizes that many of us still like a hard keyboard when it comes to texting and email. I love the look of the E7-00 but have held off buying because it's symbian based.  Why not put windows into the E7-00 hardware as an option.  I'd buy it in a flash. It would give me touch screen option,  fast smooth operating systrem (windows) and my beloved keyboard that light up to compensate for my fat fingers when typing text or email???? 

Please use plain text.
Sage
seppuku

Re: A Windows Phone like the E7-00 Hardware

A windows phone with a keyboard seems to be an oddity. Dell Venue Pro only comes to mind. Seems like it's not well supported my Microsoft.
Since 1610
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rethrull

HTC 7 is too big.

LG is butt ugly.

Nah, the E7 would make the perfect phone as Windows Phone. I can´t understand why Nokia does not see this.

The Lumia series is great but useless without a hardware keyboard. Already tried and returned it. The soft keyboard does not work for me. i don´t think it is odd to have the option to use a hardware keyboard. Why do Blackberrys have a hardware keyboard? It is because you can type much better, faster and without looking.

An E7 with Windows Phone is a must. If Nokia is not going to release this, they are really really dumb.

Please use plain text.
noiPhoneforme

I agree that Nokia needs a Windows version E7-00.  I currently still use the Nokia E70 (a 2G phone), and my carrier is advising me that I must upgrade by May 15, 2012, or risk not completing calls.  The E7 looks beautiful, but I am reluctant to buy because there are enough things that aren't quite right enough about the product.

Operating on the premise that a Windows version of the E7 with 4G is in the works (perhaps called the E7-4G-W),  Nokia should pre-announce it, drop the price of the E7-00, and offer a future lowered-cost upgrade from the E7-00.  That would secure their base by keeping customers from bolting to Apple, Android, or Blackberry, while simultaneously addressing the obselecence of 2G networks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Taigatrommel

I'd also love a Windows Phone 7 version of the E7 hardware format. However, I fear it won't happen. As of now, WP7 obviously doesn't really support a fully operational landscape format, just take a look at HTC 7 Pro. Landscape support in WP7 is just lackluster :smileysad:

I'd at least hope for a modernized Symbian based successor of the E7, with 512 MB RAM and an 1.3 GHz CPU.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
claudio_b_p

I really love that idea.
I prefer instead of a new phone, just give the option to change the OS of the E7.
Now that Microsoft and Nokia are partners it is possible.
I'm delighted of the idea of costumer being really the priority for the big companies.
Greetings from Paraguay.
Claudio Bogado Pompa.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
phildiro

I have never heard that Windows Phone would not support landscape mode correctly. There is the HTC Pro/Arrive which has a horizontal slider. So it might work.
But even if it does not I hope Nokia pushes Microsoft to support it.
However the E7 is a great phone but it would be even greater if they would redesign it for Windows Phone. With backlight keyboard and NFC and a better camera. Also I hope the keep the current size. It is perfect.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
patrickcctx

I absolutely concur with the view that the E7 is a magnificent piece of hardware - but like most of the commenters on here, I would love to see something better than the Symbian software.  I recently installed Belle and it has been an unmitigated disaster.  The unit runs slow, takes ages to send texts and keeps on freezing all the time.  I think Nokia really needs to keep Meego as it's main "in-house" software platform and move swiftly to using licensed versions of Windows software on most of its hardware.  Symbian is not just dying, it is effectively dead, and these updates to the OS have just cemented that in my mind.  It looks wonderful, but certainly on the E7 it is a painful experience.

Please use plain text.