Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: A part of Nokia E7 Touch Screen is not working...

Registered Member
simplykunal

A part of Nokia E7 Touch Screen is not working.

Hi,

I am using Nokia E7 since its launch in March 2011. Recently a part of the touch screen (The Bottom 1 cm in portrait mode) has stopped working. Rest of the screen is as good as a new one. If it is due to the software problem, kindly help me out from this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Kunal

India

Please use plain text.
Contributor
E7E7

Re: A part of Nokia E7 Touch Screen is not working.

did it happen after belle / belle refresh?

anyway, did you do the reset exercise?

there are 3 main ways: thru the setting 2. *#7370# and 3 finger method, while the latter is not recommended by nokia because it is damn successful.

Please use plain text.
e7ner

[ Edited ]

I am facing the same problem after i installed the belle refresh update. I thought that the update didn't install properly so deleted the data and reset the device. It worked fine for 2-3 days and now the botoom half of my screen is again dead...

not completely dead..it's got a mind of its own..it responds to touch when it wants to..swipe gestures don't work in that part of the screen, or scrolling in the browser or any other apps..sometimes instead of scrolling it increases the magnification..sometimes it just seeems super sensitive to touch..no swipes but does open apps with the slightest touch. And yes, swipe does work in panoramic mode most of the times.

dunno what to do regarding this..

is there anything that can be done other than taking it to nokia care?

I am also form India, is it a problem with a specific lot manufactured for the Indian market?

But as far as i can see, the refresh update seems to be the culprit.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shyamwolf

Hi. I'm facing the same problem although I haven't installed belle. The bottom 1 cm doesn't work, and off late, certain areas of the screen where I touch often are now not responding. And when they do respond, it's quite random. My phone is a year old, and it could also be probably because of over-use. I hope someone can help.
Please use plain text.
pumkiepk

Hi, did you get a solution to this?

Please use plain text.
e7ner

I had to get the touch screen pressure pad replaced. My local repairman charged me 2500 INR
Please use plain text.