Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: A severe problem with my 808 PureView when sho...

elevenroses

A severe problem with my 808 PureView when shotting video

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone, I am glad to find this place to discuss my problem with my 808 pureview. I come from China, so English is not my native language. Please forgive me for the spelling error and grammar error.

I bought my 808 several days ago as a new year gift for my wife. But I found a severe problem with the video that it record. If you record the video on something with bright color(bright green or bright yellow),then move the view to something with white background quickly, the bright color will remain effect on the white background, making the white background blur with the bright color of the last moment. Until about one second later, the remained color effect will disappear, and the color of white background become normal. This problem really makes me frustrated. When I took the video with my son, my son was jumping upside down on the bed in a yellow jacket, because his face and the jacket position are changing quick with the jump, the color of jacket remain on his face, make the color tune of the video look extremely abnormal and always changing.

I don't know whether it is an individual problem of my phone or a software problem can be fixed.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestion.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: A severe problem with my 808 PureView when shotting video

hi mate,

your English is just fine! :smileyhappy:. that indeed doesn't sound right with your camera. have you checked via Nokia Suite that you have the latest firmware version installed on your phone? if so, you can try re-installing your current firmware on your phone via Nokia suite. failing that, you can try performing a three-finger hard reset.

Failing that, you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ryder78

Hi, everyone, I am glad to find this place to discuss my problem with my 808 pureview. I come from China, so English is not my native language. Please forgive me for the spelling error and grammar error.

I bought my 808 several days ago as a new year gift for my wife. But I found a severe problem with the video that it record. If you record the video on something with bright color(bright green or bright yellow),then move the view to something with white background quickly, the bright color will remain effect on the white background, making the white background blur with the bright color of the last moment. Until about one second later, the remained color effect will disappear, and the color of white background become normal. This problem really makes me frustrated. When I took the video with my son, my son was jumping upside down on the bed in a yellow jacket, because his face and the jacket position are changing quick with the jump, the color of jacket remain on his face, make the color tune of the video look extremely abnormal and always changing.

I don't know whether it is an individual problem of my phone or a software problem can be fixed.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestion.

Hi,

I mainly use the  Pureview 808 to snap photos and rarely use the phone to take videos. However, after knowing about your problem, I have briefly tried taking a video with the 808. I do find an almost similar situation. In my case, going from a red background to a white background will cause the white to turn slightly bluish for a (very) short while before the true white appears. However, the effect is very minor and not really serious.

Maybe other users would chime in later to relate on their experience.

Please use plain text.
elevenroses

Thank you for your information. You are right, the effect is minor and not a big deal if you only have the different color change once or twice when you take the video. But if there is a boy wearing the colorful clothes jumping and running beside a white wall, the color effect of video will become so obviously that you just can’t ignore it.(In fact, that is in this situation how I notice this problem)

Please use plain text.