Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

ANOTHER NOKIA C3 WLAN PROBLEM

damian308

Ok, I'm not able to choose wlan or gprs internet but untill I was trying to open the Internet via WLAN tel says 'service not available''.'' activating default in all applications'' does not work, simply because it's getting back all my options from WEB and I''m connecting the Int via gprs again. What should I do? any ideas? maybe it's all about my router or so? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Re: ANOTHER NOKIA C3 WLAN PROBLEM

Did you delete the settings from your network?

Try creating a new config profile, you do not need to enter any settings. Then set it as the default in the web config. Try visiting a website and it should ask you which connection to use. You may then delete the profile you created and try visiting a website again. You should then have an option to select a WLAN "Default AP" and Do not ask.

Please use plain text.
damian308

Didn't work out. I cannot delate My WEB, because then my tel won't ask me if I want to choose WLAN or INT GPRS. I think that I need to have some settings that my tel can access the WLAN Internet. Anyone has sth like that? What Default config settings and Preffered access point should I have?

I didn't delete any of my network settings, shall I?

Thanks in advance for the response.

Please use plain text.
radiaz22

Hi my name is Raul, and i have the same problem, the weird thing is that i can't connect to Ovi Messenger with WiFi but i can with GPRS :/

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

I had the exact same problem. What I did was that I removed all network Internet settings, GPRS, WAP, etc. because I do not want to use them which is when I lost the ability to select which AP to use.

So what I did was I created a personal setting:

Settings > Configuration > Personal settings > Add > Web

Then go to the main menu > Internet > Web settings > Configuration Settings > Select the personal settings that you created

Now try to access the internet and it will ask you to choose, choose Wi-fi

Then go back to the personal settings and delete the setting that you created. From now on, you will be asked which connection to use everytime you access the internet

If you want to restore your GPRS settings, you can just request it from your network provider and they will send it to your phone.

Please use plain text.
damian308

yasfer21 I went through your clues, but It wasn't like you said, because from now I don't have any settings to access the Internet. "some" settings are required

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

[ Edited ]

You also cannot connect to WLAN?

Can you do the following first and inform us if you can select which connection to use.

Settings > Configuration > Personal settings > Add > Web

Then go to the main menu > Internet > Web settings > Configuration Settings > Select the personal settings that you created

Now try to access the internet and it will ask you to choose, choose Wi-fi

Please use plain text.
mamshoo

i also have same problem...

i can connect to wifi.... but everytime i use the internet or communities it wont let me.. it says communicationr error or network problem...

it also gives me the option to select wifi or wap/gprs..

gprs from my metwork provider works fine when i selected it for internet use

but if wifi is selected its not working

anyone has a solution for this?

Please use plain text.
amanoel

Hi.  I have tried your sugestion on my Nokia C3 vodafone and now asks me everytime how I want to connect.  So Thank you for that.  I can go online through my wi-fi in all applications appart from web internet.  If I go through ovi is ok, mail is ok, communities chat etc its fine.  But not internet.  When I connect it asks me how I want to connect, which is something that didn't do before, but when I do choose, I always get vodafone asking me to login with my user name and password. 

I have just unlocked my phone, and inserted my other sim card from orange and I get the same message from vodafone.  Please can you help?  Do you have any idea why this is still happening? Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mingeyoshea

Thank you my friend...You are a genius..Much appreciated  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
faheem85

I bought Nokia C3 a couple of days ago, for one day its WLAN worked fine, but today its keep searching for wife network, where the same network im using on laptop at same time. and router is also in the same room. any suggestions. thanks :-)

Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

Try to restart the phone.

Nokia Lumia 520 3046.0000.1329.2001 RM-914
Nokia Asha 302 V15.09 22-05-13 RM-813
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gavmanc

worked a treat.thanks for the advice.it now asks mewhich i want to connect to.

Please use plain text.
niels1987

first, sorry for my bad english, i'm flemish :-)

I've had the same problem with my c3 wich i've bought 3 days ago.

But i managed to solve the problem by simply downloading opera browser again in the OVI store.

Now you have 2 opera browsers on your phone, the standard pre-installed one and the new one that you now can find under your apps. (applications) tab in the main menu.

When you use the new browser (not the pre installed one) and if you put you wlan setting to "ask first", you will have no problem getting on the internet with wifi.

greetings

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sandybrother

i has wifi problem in nokia c3.i can connect to wifi but can't use it .i have tried all possible settings as i knew from the reveiws but none worked. Now i am very much frustated .pleasae tell me is there a scope that wifi can work. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
limaro

I am in the United Kingdom.  I have had the Nokia c3 for 2 days.  I could connect to the wifi at home but when I opened the Opera mini browser provided, it would just connect through GPRS without asking.  I had no problem with the Email facility or with the Ovi store, I could connect with wifi on them.  After trying lots of different things I almost gave up, I even considered returning the phone.  But I thought I could try to update the Opera Mini to a newer version and see what would happen.  It worked, the newer version 5.1  asked me if I wanted to connect through wifi or GRPS.  I was so pleased. In the end the solution was very simple but difficult fo find , but I think different people have different problems regarding the wlan issue with this phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I tried this, and this worked for my phone...

Firstly, using USB cable and nokia software updater, update your c3 to 7.2 version

secondly, remove both wlan and packet data settings from your phone.

Means any saved wlan you have.

Asked your service provider to send you packet data settings(do this after you update your phone).

And Lastly, create an account on nokia ovi store, register your phone there

(Last thing is required to let your nokia chat work on your phone properly).

And all those got problem with internet, please do get packet data settings.

I don't know how they are linked, bit all this worked for me.

My wlan, chat, browser, and all other applications working, even the one I download from nokia vi store perfectly.

And yes, do put your connectivity to ask me first. Means phone will ask to which connection to use for internet access. Rather your provider or through wifi.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
letty_lou1

This absolutely works!
Please use plain text.
Iwee

Hello

On my phone, it asks me whether i want to use the provider's internet or my wlan, so no problem there. However, if I choose the WLAN, it doesn't work. It takes a while and then says Connection failed or something like that.

I'm not very good with technology, so if someone can help me, I'd be very grateful.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I tried some solutions i found online but didn't work

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PauloBral

Nokia C3-00 :: The Definitive WLAN Guide

Hi, this is Paulo Bral™,

I recently got an Nokia C3-00 mobile, and I faced so many problems with Wi-FI connection of this phone that I decided to share my experience with you guys.

I am going to write here the definitive guide to fix all WLAN problems you may encounter (and this is something that not even Nokia Support was able to do) - are you ready?

First of all, I am assuming you have the knowledge about Wi-Fi networking (SSIDs, Channels, Security, and all the terms related to setting up a decent Wi-Fi connection), second, you need to have full acess to your router, as we will configure everything from the ground, third and last you will need a tool called InSSIDer from Meta Geeks (Google it) to perform diagnostic tasks explained below.

1. Analyzing the networks around you
    First off, you need to spend some time running the tool InSSIDer on your PC to collect data from Wi-Fi networks around you as they may be the cause of your connection problems. We will use these 2 visualizations: "Time Graph" and "2.4GHz Channel" to monitor the networks around - if you dont know what you are doing, better close this page and start running away.

2. Configuring the router
    After collecting data from the networks around, now it's time to set up our router. I found out that I have other 15 networks around me, and I found out here that most of them were using Channel 6, the same I was using. Also some of them are using the Channel 9 and 11. In this case, I set my router to use the Channel 1, as nobody were using it and it is also far away from other Channels being used. After some time collecting data, you will be able to see which Channel has no user or less users, and you must choose it. The security of you WLAN is your choice, as it does not have any side effects. I suggest using WPA2 as it is the most secure of the 3 this mobile supports. BTW, don't ask me how to configure your router, ask Google for it!

3. Testing WLAN connectivity
    Now it's time to test WLAN connectivity with your reconfigured router. Try opening some pages, try watching YouTube videos... If your mobile is working OK, with no connection errors or timeouts, your problem was only the interference caused by networks around. But, if you still experience problems like timeouts or errors opening pages and YouTube videos, you need to continue to the next step.

4. Using router QoS and Static IP
    If you have an very fast internet (10MBPS+) you will need to slow things down, as this cell phone does not really support fastest internet speeds, now you have to know your cell MAC address, make it use an Static IP, and configure QoS to reduce the downstream speed on the cell phone IP to 3MBPS max speed - BTW, not all routers supports this, if yours don't support it, get another router, I recommend Cisco or LinkSyS.

5. Still having problems
    The above steps solved my problem for a while, as the phone were working a little better with my Wi-Fi, yet I experienced some timeouts and errors opening pages. Now the next step will require a PC connected to your network and this will reduce to ZERO the timeouts and errors opening pages.

6. Keeping the Connection Alive - for bad routers
    If you have a generic (not Cisco or LinkSyS) cheap bad router, you will need this step! I noticed that even when the cell phone were showing the Wireless icon, the LED indicating Wireless on my router was not always turned on, so I understood my router was like "ignoring" the cell phone connection and just stopped responding to its calls. To fix this bad router behaviour, you will need a PC connected to your network, and prepare yourself to laugh: All you need to do is "keep pinging" the cell phone IP as this will keep it connection alive. The simplest way is to create a .BAT file with these 3 lines inside:

:autoping
    ping <cell phone IP>
    goto autoping

Now save it on your desktop, use anyname.bat as you wish - now run it and connect your cell phone to the WLAN. You will notice the difference, as it will work so stable like if it were connected using LAN cable!!! You will never have connection problems again!

Well, that is it, following this guide your cell phone will never have WLAN problems again (well, at least on your WLAN).

Best regards,
Paulo Bral™

Am I butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Please use plain text.