Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Active Sync strange problem in E6

Contributor
deb52001

Active Sync strange problem in E6

[ Edited ]

I am using Active Sync for Gmail on my E6, Belle.

Background

I don't have any multimedia, or apps installed in C drive. It's clean and has only system files.

Problem

My C drive memory was 180 MB in morning. It came down to 120 by 2 pm. By late evening, I have around 50 MB left in my phone memory. I have an "always on" data plan. Is it possible that Active Sync has been storing data on my C drive continously? If yes, then should I delete some mails? I don't want to delete mails since of course, I need them. If I delete on my mobile, my actual Gmail inbox mails will also get deleted. 

I want to know what has been consuming memory space on C drive. I used to use WhatsApp, now that has been unistalled.

Is it possible that Active Sync is the culprit?

PS: On another post I mentioned about this problem, but after a hard reset I got memory back from 10 MB to 180 MB finally. But again, the memory space is going down hour by hour. E6 was supposed to be error-free, as per Nokia marketing. I worry about less-aware and unsuspecting people out there who are using E6. They are in a soup. What is they face the same problem?

Please use plain text.