Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: After Anna update on E7: No packet data connec...

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

After Anna update on E7: No packet data connections recorded in communication log

Hi there,

I just updated my E7 to Symbian Anna. But after that, any packet data connections for internet access are not listed in the log anymore. I have set off any filters. Prior to the Anna update, this was working fine.

Can anyone confirm this?

Robert

Mobile Guru
krizanand

Re: After Anna update on E7: No packet data connections recorded in communication log

Yes, there is no log of each session, only the overall data sent/received is shown. I haven't noticed this prior to the update as I never bothered about it.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Counsellor

Re: After Anna update on E7: No packet data connections recorded in communication log

Thanks for the reply. It makes sure that this is a general issue and not just apllying to me.

I actually found this now missing feature quite helpful. I like to keep an eye on my phone's internet connections, so that I can take action when it connects for no appearent reason an thus, draining the battery.

Well, too bad it's not working anymore.

gf23

Yes this is happening on my C7.  When I first got my phone the log was extrememly helpful in turning off all applications that were automatically going online (like my email and Ovi Maps).  When I upgraded to Anna all my applications were set back to online mode.  I have tried to change the settings of everything I can think of but not having the log there for packet data isn't helping. 

I have to keep clearing the data counter to see if anything downloads.

Please fix this Nokia!

Counsellor

It's obviously a bug, since the filter still has the option to show "Packet connections" only. Hopefully Nokia will get aware of it soon.

Sage
metal_might

hi

any news from nokia engineers on this?

i have the same problem too.

Sage
seppuku

Symbian Anna update messes up the network destination priority list. Fixing this fixed my data connection issues.
Since 1610
Sage
metal_might

hi seppuku. my destination priority list says wifi as priority 1, followed by my data 3g provider/ operator. just as it is in my other E series devices.

can you pl let me know what do you mean?

tks.

Sage
seppuku

Ok, then you're okay in that division. I have 10 or more known WLANs. The update threw my 3G connection to the bottom of the list so the data connection timed out before reaching the 3G.

Since 1610
Sage
metal_might

hi tks. but i still dont understand why the data transfer is not logged in in the communications log! it works sweetly on all my other E series!

Counsellor

Same here. My wife bought the E6-00. Software version 022.014/2011-07-05. The phone does not log any data packets. I cannot find any filter too. MY E52 logs those data packets. Will an update help?
Employee
svi78

[ Edited ]

If you have Nokia Belle or Symbian Anna installed, you could download the Datalog application by free from Nokia Store. The Data Log generates the log also from the GPRS and Wi-fi connections.