Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

All RSS Feed widgets missing after belle update......

Counsellor
esanker

Re: All RSS Feed widgets missing after belle update.... No longer supported?

I won't get downgraded. Mine is showing version 1.04(31204).
Please use plain text.
Advisor
fuzzyf

Been following this thread since posting and thought I'd update  with this from Nokia customer support.

Thank you for contacting Nokia Care.

You have stated that your RSS feeds have disappeared from your home screen after you have updated to Nokia Belle. In response to your concern, please be advised that adding RSS feeds on your home screen is not supported by Nokia Belle.

Moreover, please be informed that we will be forwarding your concern to the attention of the relevant department. We thank you for expressing your preference to us as this gives us much insight on how to develop our products. Be assured that we will be giving your suggestions the due consideration that it deserves as your opinions and preferences are...............

So the answer at the moment is....... NOT SUPPORTED!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Creepy

They will be ...... either by Nokia, or hopefully it'll be integrated with the Opera browser.
Please use plain text.
WWMTV

[ Edited ]

I agree. I want the RSS widget back!

I used to be 'proud' that Nokia releases 'essential' tools with the operating system. My N95 even had a scientific calculator and an application for unit conversion on board.

Yes, you can download or buy software. Frankly, many of the apps are ****. I couldn't find a single application that would convert miles/gallon to litres/100km correctly. I found two that did it wrong(!!!).

Wilko

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vgmimi

Rss Lost.
Contact list. Lost.
Nat geo. Lost
CNN video Lost
Games. Lost.
Shot focus camera. Lost.
Batery long charge. Lost
Background. Lost.
images Lost.
easy botton in the phone. Lost.
Good conections. Lost.
Easy acces to FB.  lost.
Easy configuration of mail. Lost.

ETC ETC ETC

This is stupid for part of Nokia.

Please use plain text.
yasin_alm

RSS feed widget was quite good and useful. I hope it comes with an update or as an application. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jez96

Very dissapointed at losing the RSS feed :smileysad: Why launch without it??? Can't be that hard to program for a company the size of Nokia.

I also lost half my phone numbers, a couple of games and various other settings. I only did the upgrade for a potential speed increase.. I was actually perfectly happy with Anna. Sigh., well guess Belle does look nice

Please use plain text.
nit_bhatnagar

have been madly searching for the rss widget through nokia store after the update.. This really is not done... Its a very basic requirement for any semi advanced user of a smartphone... I hope nokia is listening.... Though belle is great with a few small niggles on my E7, but without rss reader on homescreen, i feel completely disconnected from the world...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

There are probably good reasons why these have been withdrawn from Symbian Belle, so I can't complain at loss of phone memory upon N8 running Belle which may in part be attributable to such installation; please do not ask about availability as request will be ignored upon this forum:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fuzzyf

aspergerguy

Slightly confused about your last one. When you say don't ask about availability on this forum. I thought this was a discussion forum about all things Nokia. Now I'm new to this as you can see with how many posts I've made but have really appreciated and benefitted from using this forum. As above I posted my correspondence with customer care and thought this may be useful. Is your comment not counter productive. Surely sharing any info is useful and will let Nokia appreciate the MANY's concerns.

This certainly seemed to work when it came to bbc iplayer problem of last year.

Do correct me if I'm wrong on all this and you know better. Kind regards......

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
greentoy

I originally posted this to see if I was just missing something, however I now feel that this was a feature that was probably just overlooked by nokia in belle.  I have seen in the past many instances of Nokia employees viewing and commenting on these topics and in some cases resolving the problems in future updates.  How do they know we miss something unless we ask about it.  RSS feeds are not memory hogging or difficult to write into the software, so I doubt there is some major reason it was left out.  I also understand that they may not see the need to add this feature back in only for a few users here and there that miss it.  The more people who post here or anywhere about this situation only increases nokias attention on resolving this problem, so I would encourage anyone to add to this post if you miss the RSS feed feature on homescreen in belle.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
gshoyhet

Yep, I need it too! So, what I am doing:

1. Open the Web application

2. Tap on the Properties (most right bottom button)

3. Tap on Feeds icon => you'll see your RSS feeds right there! Jus tap on the Properties (most right bottom button) again and choose Refresh all to get the latest updates.

4 Now you could read your feeds almost the way you did it before the upgrade.

BUT: the Web application is still on, and if you closed it - you'll lose the RSS from your screen. Means: watch your data if you don't have an unlimitted plan...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Tarounen

same problem here. i love so much the news feeds, nut now its gone:smileysad:
Tarou
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sookie

I updated my C7 to Belle  today and lost my rss feed widgets in the process. Which is not okay.

So to make it clear to Nokia: I want the RSS feed widget back without having to hack Belle! Please bring this feature back ASAP.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
newsvideo

I need that widget NOW
Please use plain text.
paper_boy

Just wanted to add my comment to all those pleading for the return of rss feeds. They were one of the things I used most often on my n8 until upgrading two days ago!

Like Belle in general, particularly the extra homescreens, but:

1. Calendar needs to show more than one entry.

2. Seems ridiculous having to download apps such as 'battery monitor' and 'bookmark widgets' to do things that were both useful and easy to do on Anna.

3. Why dispense with the Conversations shortcut?

4. Missing the button to switch betweek homescreens...i felt it was faster than swiping.

5. Give me back my rss feeds!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I've got to add +1 to the request to get the RSS feed widget back.... I wish I knew it was going to disappear before I updated................

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Assgier

I would also like to have the RSS-functionality back!

Please use plain text.
Sup3r_Dup3r_Man

[ Edited ]

SOLVED!!

Guys stop complaining.. Belle is definitely a huge improvement over Anna and I'm more than happy with my nokia C7 right now. don't wory about a few widgets. They are available now and I'm sure more widgets are coming soon.

About the missing widgets, you can download and install the widgets from previous leaked version of Belle. Just google it and you can find easily (I don't think I can post links here). Now I'm using new rss widget (in 3 lines) on my homescreen and I love it. I'm also using the calendar widget (shown in 3 lines) :smileyvery-happy: :smileylol:

NOTE: When I first installed new widgets on memory card, widgets were not available. So I removed the app and re-installed on "C" drive. Also make sure you remove previous similar widgets (if any) first and then install new ones.

I love Belle

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fuzzyf

Been a while since I last posted on this thread and I'm still struggling a bit here!!

Still can't find a decent version of what I previously had on anna. I've got podcatcher installed, its ok, but not great at searching for anything new. I've tried general search through google be it  "official" or "leaked/hacked" as suggested above and no joy.

Has anyone had any better luck. I remember the days of podcasts working well/ good search facility on 5800. But N8 won't accept nokia podcast application (I've just tried!)

Any advice graetfully recieved. P.S. not complaing, honest  !!!!!!!

Please use plain text.