Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

All you need to set up BBC iplayer on the N97.

adz4u

All you need to set up BBC iplayer on the N97.

Hi Folks

I have finally solved the issue of setting you the BBC iplayer so it asks you how you would like to connect when you run the application rather then it always by default connecting to the service provider in my case (orange).

Step 1 - download the newest software update for the N97 you will need

software version V 20.0.019 software version date is 13-10-09.

Step 2 - download the latest BBC iplayer version this should be version 2.5.0(141).

Step 3 - from the phone go to menu then go to web once opened go to options then settings

once in settings go to general and set access point to ask when needed.

Step 4 - from menu go to Videos & TV go to option in Video and TV then settings and set network connection to ask when needed if its not already set to this.

Step 5 - from menu go to settings then connectivity then destinations then internet and set your required WIFI connection to priority 1.

Step 6 - from menu go to applications then open realplayer then settings then go to streaming settings then network and the access point in use should display your required WIFI connection e.g. mine shows my home network talktalk. If your required network is not displayed then open the access point in use and select the required WIFI connection.

Step 7 - turn your phone off and take out the battery for 2mins then turn your phone back on.

Step 8 - when the phone turns on and the phone displays select connection you should see internet underneath it should be displayed your WIFI connection. Do not select anything. Instead go to options then go to select access point and choose your service provider e.g. orange Internet.

Step 8 - once your phone is set-up and all widgets are set all you have to do to use BBC iplayer is go to options on the home screen select content to offline mode then content to online mode then open the BBC iplayer. The phone will then ask for a connection select your wifi connection and your away.

i hope the above steps help you and work as they worked for me just remember after you do

the 8 steps above you only need to repeat step 8 everytime you wish to use BBC iplayer.

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: All you need to set up BBC iplayer on the N97.

_

I've never done any of that (except setting the browser application "Web" to "Ask when needed") and I've used iPlayer successfully since the oldest FW version 10, and oldest iPlayer release (whatever that was).

Setting the browser application "Web" to "Ask when needed", was all that was required, last June, to get it to work.

_

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
The_Funkateer

I'm with 2bad.

I didn't need to do any of that for it to work perfectly!

:smileytongue:

If you found this post helpful, please click the green KUDOS star on the left

N70 -> N76 -> N79 -> N95 -> N95 8GB -> N97 RM-505 SW v20.0.019
Please use plain text.
stefann22

what kind of shows can u watch on bbciplayer

do they have a app that u can watch like everybody hate chris n king n queen etc

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary

BBC 1 BBC 2 shows .

jje

Please use plain text.