Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Android backup and restore to Nokia N8 ? I need he...

grahamN8

Android backup and restore to Nokia N8 ? I need help !!!!

[ Edited ]

Hi I changed my Sony X10 mobile today for a Nokia N8 I backed my contacted and SMS and all my personal details before sending my Sony back to orange, now I tried to restore all my SMS, photos videos and contacts to my Nokia but I can't do it can anyone help me achieve this thank you very much guys !

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

Re: Android backup and restore to Nokia N8 ? I need help !!!!

Need more information on how you backed them up

If to a PC Photo's music and video's are easy, just copy them to the appropriate folders on the mass memory

Contacts, best bet is to import your contacts from gmail into outlook and then use ovisuite to sync them

don't think sms are going to be easy if possible at all, may bea ble to do something with csv format

Please use plain text.
grahamN8

Hi I backed them up with back up and restore to my memory card now when i use nokia ovi to restore my sms and contyacts and photos it does not reconise the file format !

Please use plain text.
grahamN8

back up and restore from android !
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

if you backed up them with the phone then you can't restore it to N8, the two platforms are unsupported.
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

What Pavillion said,

Two different OS's with two different languages, formats etc,

the only way of transfering between an android and n8 is via a pc

the back up files are completely incompatable

Please use plain text.
grahamN8

is there any 3rd party programme which can convert the file to a nokia system file ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
pavilion_alex

no
Greece Nokia X6 RM-559 v40.0.002
Please use plain text.
Sage
Tirza

Just borrow someone's android and restore your personal data on it, then sync it Outlook and transfer pictures / other files into PC, then sync N8 to a PC.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
skaterbuoy

Or if you use Google Gmail,

As Google mail seems to be hosted on a MS Exchange server (or something compatible) You could set up both phones to sync via mail for Exchange.

You could them sync the PIM details from the Android to Google, and the sync it back to the Nokia phone.

If you continue with this method you get to sync back your details to Google and set times per day/week/month, so a great way to keep it backed up

You would need to configure the phones for mail for Exchange rather than Google mail settings, but as long as you use the m.google.com in the settings, it all seems to work well.

Well it did for me with the Motorola Defy to my N8.

Not sure if this link will display,

http://techprolonged.com/index.php/2011/02/09/push-email-on-nokia-n8-with-mail-for-exchange/

Cheers

Then you

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
skaterbuoy

Just realised you don't have your andriod phone anymore, so this solution is no good to you !
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Borrow someone's Android and restore your backup on it, then use http://www.bloove.com to copy data (contacts and sms only) from Android to Nokia phone

Please use plain text.