Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Antivirus for Nokia C3-00

Registered Member
saquzk

Antivirus for Nokia C3-00

i need a anti virus for my nokia c3-00 since i am using internet actively. I tried everywhere to look for antivirus but whatever i download is unsupported. I checked getjar.com, from here my friends got them netqin antivirus, but i dont find it there. Plz i really need help b4 sumthing happens to my mob. Thanx
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Antivirus for Nokia C3-00

There is absolutely NO need for an Anti-Virus . The S40 OS of your device can not get infected by virus ...

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Hi saquzk,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

There is absolutely no way your phone could get infected by a virus, like farby already mentioned. This is because you can only install Java applications on your phone. Java applications are run in a "sandbox" mode, which means that they have no access to the phone operating system and thus cannot run in the background unnoticed (as viruses tend to do). 

If you want to read more about this topic or have any doubts, please see this thread. 

Let us know if this helps!

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lahoo

I need antivirus for my nokia c3 phone badly
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

lahoo wrote:
I need antivirus for my nokia c3 phone badly

WHY ? ..and that too Badly ?

Didn't you read the posts above ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Asot

Likwise,i do need antivirus 4 my phone and i hav tried all i could to get it bt all in vain,pls i really need it this week!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Asot wrote:
Likwise,i do need antivirus 4 my phone and i hav tried all i could to get it bt all in vain,pls i really need it this week!

You do not need antivirus!!! Read the other posts above.

Please use plain text.
Regieboy

Ned intivirus
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Regieboy wrote:
Ned intivirus

Did you read the posts above ..or posted without reading them ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saquzk

I tried Ned Antivirus but it doesnt work....Anyways i have got the problem fixed that my cousins thought were a virus...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

So..as mentioned above it was not a Virus issue .. Thats why you do not require any AV .

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rakibbd

[ Edited ]

buy symbian set u can use antivirus. 

Please use plain text.