Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Asian language support for Nokia E7

Contributor
nithu_ji
Accepted Solution

Asian language support for Nokia E7

Hi, 

I cant view any web pages in other languages except english in E7.I cant even install anyother fonts in E7.  Can anybody help me to view and type in other languages, and to install other fonts?

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Re: Asian language support for Nokia E7

The available languages on your phone depends on the phone variant. Check the languages on your device from Menu > Settings > Phone > Languages.> Phone language. You can change the phone language by selecting one of those.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nithu_ji

Thank u for ur rly,

But my problem is the phone language do have only 4 languages with it. But, i want to read some other languages, and the thing is i dont want to change the phone language, just i want to read and write in other languages like hindi, chinese etc. Is there any way for it. Help pls.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kj1991

@svi78

could you kindly enlighten us is it true that Nokia phone is not able to support additional language then the original configured for each region (or some sort?)?  I went to a local Nokia Care and I was told to do that might cause the phone can't work at all.  Is that true and advise me not to update the chinese language support.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
TheManSpirit

Very disappointing to read this issue still plagues the E Series lineup, including the latest E7.

As it does the E72.

Will the E6 also be impaired with the same lack of multi-lingual support in browser?

Surely if any Nokia is in need of such a feature, it's their range of business handet's that need it most?

As a certain fourth generation, industry leading touchscreen handset supports.

Surely a minimum of language support by E Series should be:

Arabic

Catalan

Chinese Traditional

Chinese Simplified

Croatian

Czech

Danish

Dutch

English (UK.)

English (US)

Finnish

French (France)

German

Greek

Hebrew

Hungarian

Indonesian

Italian

Japanese

Korean

Malay

Norwegian

Polish

Portuguese (Brazil)

Portuguese (Portugal)

Romanian

Russian

Slovak

Spanish

Swedish

Thai

Turkish

Ukrainian

Vietnamese.

Surely?

Please use plain text.
aljaboury

I strongly agree with "TheManSpirit" Nokia should take a quick action and release language Packs to allow user to type & read most languages and as I believe "iPhones" are nt better then Nokia phones but honestly at this time I am thinking to buy Nokia E7 but I thought to check on the language issue if it has been solved or not but Nokia not even there yet anyway for the language reason I will have to buy an iPhone and with it I do not need to install the language which I am looking for which is "Arabic"

nokia techs may say to me that I can buy nokia phone with arabic language but the answer is simply I live in Australia and there is not even one single shop sell nokia phones with arabic languages installed even no keypad in arabic but at least installing the language or make available on line to everyone.

Nokia lossing customers for the mentioned issue.

I hope that who ever in charge get to read my message.

Thank you in advance.

Al Jaboury

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I agree.  I live in the UK, and I bought my E7 in the UK.  I need to install Chinese language support, but it now seems I cannot.

To assume that the language you speak is related to the country of residence is, quite simply, stupid beyond belief.

Clearly no Chinese speakers live in England, right Nokia?

Matt

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dobz

u can get the language pack changed to china then u will b able to use chinese and english

Dobz
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
YMMP

How do you add or modify language packs?
Please use plain text.
parishraut

I want to install Hindi and Marathi language support for writing SMS. Still searching for the solution. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
mnz177

Hi Experts and Members :smileyhappy:
Myself Manzoor, I have been using Nokia E7 for 1 year. I am very much satisfied with my mobile.

While this period of time, I first used my Nokia E7 with base OS, then I updated to SYMBIAN ANNA. Very Much Impressed with ANNA. Read many problems with SYMBIAN BELLE, So I'm waiting for NOKIA EXPERTS to rectify the problems.

I'm writing all this for new users. If anyone wish to buy a Nokia E7, then go ahead. Its a 100% value for money. Moreover we'll get brand value.

The only issue i faced is with the language. Anyone here knows how to install MALAYALAM language for text messaging, then please do reply to this post.

I read the thread of TECHNICAL EXPERT.
To be more clear, we are not looking for to change the whole language of the phone. We just want to read and write the text in the particular language in Nokia E7.

Is it POSSIBLE?

Thanks for your valuable time to read this!!

Thanks & Regards,
Manzoor M a.k.a Mnz
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

@mnz177, Unfortunately answer is still same, The available languages on your phone, also writing languages depend on the phone variant.

You can download the Message reader (Text-to-speech) languages from Nokia Support web either by using mobile or PC. The MALAYALAM is not on the Text-to-speech language selection either.

Please use plain text.
krabbypatties

Right, and the response is that this is unacceptable. I have Chinese clients that send me emails in Chinese. I can READ these on my E6, but the fact that there is simply no way to respond to them in Chinese is, frankly, stupid. This phone obviously is capable of entering Chinese text, so why does Nokia make that facility dependent on the phone "variant," when of course all E6s are practically speaking exactly the same?
Please use plain text.
spirosnikolako

dear nokia,

i live in greece and baught the e7 on a journey in Essen, Germany. At the time i had Anna and i asked to have the greek language and so i had.

yesterday i downloaded Belle and while everything is ok and the phone seems nice and fast with good shortcuts, i noticed that the greek language is no longer available either as writing neither as phone language.

the most weird thing is that all my contacs are in greek and so does the messages! 

since the phone understands greek why is it that i cannot load a greek writing language patch?

at the local Nokia Care Point in athens kifisia they asked me for 16euro to load the Greek language witch is a huge disappointment for me since there is not a single warning for this problem when you load Belle via the computer.....

the least you could do is first warn for the problem and while working on new language packs

make the operetion FREE of charge from every nokia center!

you made this happen so you are the one to blame and ultimately you are the one that has to pay for this! or you are just going to lose clients who are dedicated nokia "fans" like me....

and something else... we are not talking about a nokia 100 here but for the top of the line E7, THE communicator phone, with an asking price of over 400 euro when new....

thanks for your time and i hope you anwser.

Nikolakopoulos Spiros

athens greece

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
musica

Please use plain text.