Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Audi A4 bluetooth phone system - Nokia N97

Audi A4 bluetooth phone system - Nokia N97

Hi I was wondering if any on could help with this, my Audi A4 has a built in bluetooth telephone module where you can connect to your phone and use it through the steering wheel controls and view your phonebook, calls made,received and missed on the cars screen, this worked perfectly with my old Nokia 6230i but with the N97 i've just got absolutely nothing. It connects with the car ok but i can't view my phonebook or any calls etc.

I can make calls but this is very difficult while driving as i have to put every number in seperately and press ok each time ( if you know the number) Please help! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Audi A4 bluetooth phone system - Nokia N97

Give the article below a read, it should help you.

/discussions/board/message?board.id=topfaq&thread.id=97

Please use plain text.
Sage

The post suggested talks about PBAP. 

The N97 supports PBAP (PhoneBook Access Protocol) and works with the system in my car which transfers my phonebook to the car which then allows me to use voice dialing directly through the car.

I think the original poster possibly has other issues. 

Please use plain text.

hi did you have to do anything other than pair your car with your N97?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n9tyseven

I have the same problem with my N97 and a 2009 Audi A4. It connects over Bluetooth and allows me to make and pickup calls over the car speaker system; it even mutes the radio/CD when a call starts. But it cannot access the N97s address book or caller history. So whenever I want to make a call I have to enter the number on the car's MMI system or use my N97 to start the call from its address book (while being at risk of being fined Eur 150).

It worked fine with my previous phone, just not with the N97.

I went to the German Audi website and found a phone compatibility list. Guess what: the N97 is not on there. Nor is the Nokia 5800 Music Express. Odd. May explain the problems. Have asked Audi in my country (NL) for support. No response yet.

Anyone got a solution?

N9tyseven

N97 White
RM-505
20.0.019.C01.01
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same problem with Opel Antara

Very ,very ,very irritating !!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n9tyseven

Found that my N97 finally worked as supposed to AFTER the upgrade to v2.0 !!

Haven't changed any settings in my car or on the phone. Just upgraded the fw.

Good luck.

N97 White
RM-505
20.0.019.C01.01
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Hi, I've already posted on someone elses problem and mentioned I work in the motor trade and that all bt systems don't work with all handsets. Just one tip,most car factory fit bt systems have a voice activated system, which though a pain to set up' are much easier and safer to use when driving than your phone book. With both VAG and Ford, you can preset up to ten numbers to activate by voice. So after set up (read your manual, or go to a dealership and ask) you can say 'dial name', car says 'name please' you say mum. home, work, Fred Smith etc and car will phone them. This is a function of the car Bluetooth phone system not your phone and once you've set up the names it will work with any connected phone. It's not like voice dialing on your handset.

Hope this is of some help.

Good Luck

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.