Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Backlight on 6680

Contributor

Backlight on 6680

After speaking to Nokia about keeping the backlight of my 6680 on when connected to a car kit, they advise symbian 60 phones do not support this function.

Does anyone know if there is any software program that might keep the light on?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Re: Backlight on 6680

i dont think there is.

many phones (not just nokia ones) tend to time out the backlight to preserve the screen. the screens in these phones are tft panels, and just like PC's & Laptops images can be burnt in if left backlit all the time. this is why most phones have screen savers that move so the life expectancy is preserved.

depending on your carkit, the screen will light for you when you need to use it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I can understand why they time out, but all other Nokia phones I have had allow you to keep the light on when connected to a car kit by changing the enhancement settings.

These Smartphones seem to be pretty THICK
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

like i said, i think the majority of newer phones with colour screens time out to preserve the screen

i expect they will allow you to keep the light on longer with future phones, but right now for the 6680 it just doesnt happen.

also, there are other phones that light up the screen for you. i notice you have a ck-10 from another post, this wont partly because it does not seem to support the 6680 and partly because it does not have any external controls, you would need to touch the phone to light it up.

kits like the 616 and ck-7w look like they have a remote control, so using that would trigger the backlight for you when you need to find contacts etc
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, Although S60 might not support the feature - A programme called Powerlock keeps the light on whilst the unit is charging and does seem pretty effective in the car. This (and other) S60 software available at symbianware.com. Also lots of info available at expansys.com
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

You can get powerlock free at mobango.com
Please use plain text.

thanks for the tip...managed to download softwear from mabango, but it doesnt seem to want to install on the phone !....any tips..its a 6680 on vodafone....any advice appreciated
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi..Go to nokia software for 6680,"AQUARIUM"works very welland only £3.50
Please use plain text.

hi , thanks ....one question before i go and buy it...how long does it leave the screen lit ?.....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi.....1 minute..or..1 day.best 1 hour
Please use plain text.

thanks dave...that sounds like it might be what im looking for...I'll give it a go anyway
cheers
Please use plain text.