Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Battery for E63??

sprateek

Battery for E63??

Hello All,

My Nokia e63 battery lasts in evry 24 hours. I am using PUSH email service, stay online on skype all the time, 40 minutes of call.

Please tell me is it normal. If not please tell me What could be wrong or How I can increase my battery backup time. Is there any tool from nokia by which I can check which application is taking how much amount of  Battery, Please tell me the link to download.

Regard,

Prateek

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Re: Battery for E63??

If youre online on skype all the time and use push emails - I would gues that 24 hours of battery aren't that bad.

The more things your running in the background or doing to it, the faster the battery will drain.

Always connected via wlan or 3g will drain your phone fast.

You could try to go a day without skype connected if you have the option to do that. - If you get a lot more battery life - there's your answer.

But with your usage, 24 hours seems okey.
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Fender77

Do you have any other apps running in the background which you can exit, or turn down the brightness of the screen, turn off bluetooth?
Unlimited Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
Please use plain text.
sprateek

Thanks for your reply.

My setting are

Home Screen set to basic. So no WLAN scanning after regular period. 

I am NOT using 3G i am using GPRS/EDGE connection. Yesterday I again charged my battery. To ensure full charge I switched of my cell phone. After full charge signal I used my phone and  the usage are

1. Call not more than 20 Minutes

2. Browsing using EDGE/GPRS 20 Minutes

3. Online on Nimbuzz using EDGE/GPRS all the time

4. Push Email enabled all the timme.

5. No Skype.

6. Chatting on Nimbuzz 20 Minutes

Now tell me is 24 hours seems okey. Nokia is selling this phone as 'Inspired By Messaging'

but with this battery life I think nobody can use it for messaging as they need to charge their phone almost twice a day if they use it for messaging and that is impractical many time.

Another thing is what is PUSH email service. I configured my official account using PUSH email service and many times it takes 45 minutes to download my email. And many times its important  to reply an email immediate. So email after 45 minutes is like useless.

Please tell all this is normal or I am doing something wrong?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
shibani1009

I am also facing same issue with the E63 battery backup. My phone is just 4 days old. Every day I am charging it to its fullest. But the entire battery get discharge within 24 hours. My usage is talking 2 hrs appear a day. And internet Max 1 hr. I am not sure that is this the normal battery backup for the Nokia E63 model. Atleast as per my previous experience with Nokia phone says that the new battery should atleast give 3-4 days of backup.

I dont know whom to contact for this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
santoshs020

nokia is fake , no battery backup for nokia e 63 mobiles no support ,no any care  just go to consumer forum

bcaz i buy nokia e63  no backup

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
himanshus1612

hey, there is a problem with my phone e63...that i connect the charger but it do not shows full battery after being charged more than 10 hours.but when i remove the charger it shows full battery pins.however problem doesnot ends ere, my phone after being charged more than10 hours gets discharged after just few(3-6) hours.. i changed new ERD battery but the problem remained the same.i need a proper solution . Can anybody  help me...?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi himanshus1612

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Use Nokia Suite to update or reinstall the software version of your phone. Click this if you need a guide. Updating the software of your phone will make it even better and improve its performance.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.