Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle - A big step backwards.

Sage
mikwag

Thanks for all the posts guys.  Decided to wait to see what the reaction to Belle was before upgrading.  It seems to me as a died-in-the-wool symbian user that I should forget Belle for now, and stick with Anna. Shame, as I was looking forward to Belle given both the wait and the hype.  However, it seems that due to some fairly small omissions (when viewed as a whole) the upgrade that should have been an improvement has been a downgrade for many.  Why does this not surprise me?   Will keep my eye on the situation and may move to Anna later, but happy to stick with Anna for now.  Oh, and the forum spell-checker STILL doesn't recognise SYMBIAN - wants to replace it with SIMIAN - LOL.  But then again, shouldn't be surprised as Nokia doesn't recognise Symbian any more either .....

My current phone - Samsung Galaxy Note
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
roomym

Any body who is thinking of downgrading to Belle do not, apart from losing my messages, sygic maps and many other things there are far too many bugs. I wish NOKIA would provide an upgrade back to Anna!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Chamixta

anybody using the battery widget?

The king returned to his throne!
Please use plain text.
laitom

I'd love to go back to Anna. The mail in Belle is less userfriendly, messaging handling is also not as good as Anna. The worst thing is that there's ni improvement to the music player which I use a lot, still not able to set my own equalizer, all the pre-setttings sound horrible. Worst of all, with Anna, I had Tunewiki downloaded and I used that instead of the musis player, and guess what, there is no Tunewiki available for Belle..... I have searched everywhere online. For someone like me who listens to music a lot using the N8, without Tunewiki is like taking half the phone away fromme. Bring back Anna please. Does anyone know how to get rid of Belle and reinstall Anna ?

Please use plain text.
ashlyskariah

belle is looking good..but not better than anna...
the flv videos are not working with belle.
Please use plain text.

After updating my C7 to Belle my micro SD card has gone in read only mode and gives "disk error - cannot complete write" when card is inside phone. SD card is not getting formatted through PC also.

Most of my applications are gone. Contacts settings lost. I had to reload the Maps again and battery is draining out fast.

Nokia has done a pathetic job even after delay of many months. Is there any way to revert to Anna?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MJParanjpe

I was not able to upgrade to belly on my Nokia E6, it gives me service unavailable error. Did Nokia stopped the upgrade. 

Please use plain text.
dianaenache

My Nokia's life battery improved a lot since Belle. I don't like the operating system, the first time I saw it I was feeling like crying. But I was happy to see that my battery last for... 4 days. Unbelievable!!! The battery life has doubled. And at home I keep wireless connection permanently turned on, and while I am at work I use the 3G connection. Though, I am sad to see that not many applications are compatible with Belle. Nokia does not have a very big applications store, now with Belle it's even more restrictive. Windows Live Messenger does not work, Google+ does not work, what I also hate are some of the icons. When you add a new contact, there you have "i+" and "i-" icons. Until I clicked those icons I had no idea what they were doing. They are the equivalent of adding and removing detail. In Anna we had menus with words, that were clearly describing the functions. Now we have unfriendly icons instead of clear menus. Nokia, please update that application store with more applications compatible with Belle.

Please use plain text.
dianaenache

Please bring back the Anna menus. They were user friendly, they were functional, clear and logical. The functions were described in words, not in icons that I do not understand what they mean unless I click them. Why do I need as a handy menu functions like: ARRANGE, SORT FROM A to Z, in the main menu? Who arranges icons 3 times a day? I don;t need this menu handy. In Anna we had this menu when we long pressed an icon. Instead of this stupid menu, we should have the most common functions like DELETE, FORWARD, ETC... Now when I dial a number from the last dialled numbers and then I want to hang up I have to first go back and only then I have the END CALL button. When I write a new message it;s the same: stupid ugly icons. I would VERY VERY MUCH want to have back the old menu, with written functions. That menu was logical. Nokia had a problem with the operating system that was not so user friendly. But the menu was great. It was the best menu of all phones that I've had, and I've had a few... Work on the user friendliness of the images and whatever you want, but leave the menu as it was. In every window I entered, I had the functions handy. Now I have to search for the DELETE function, or for FORWARD... What is this Belle menu now??? Please bring back the Anna menus.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
muntz

I wouldn't say that belle is a step back wards, it is a big change.

What I like:

* I can have more than 3 home screens

* Single contact widgets for my loved ones

* I can move widgets around

* Widgets comes in different sizes.

One word "flexibility" - love it!

* Better browser and e-mail client

* Drop down menu with notifications - easy to enable/disable 3G/Gprs, Wifi, and BT.

What I dislike

* The text under the Icons - should be optional

* The way you have to activate "power saving" - where is the widget or button in the drop down?

* Eye-candy and bloat on some widgets - I.e. the "one-line-calendar" is a *BIG* widget...

* One more time, the size of some widgets are just hilarious - e-mail widgets needs to go on a diet

* Where is the delete icon in the e-mail client ? There is room on the bottom bar but it is not there

* The "new" way of showing new texts and missed calls.

What I miss

* Old widgets from Anna

* Old widgets from Anna

* Old widgets from Anna

What I would like to see

* Old widgets from Anna reinvented

* Caldav support - PLEASE!

HaHa
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JasperGoes

As a long-term Nokia fan, with a huge amount of Nokia devices in the past, I feel this "upgrade" to Nokia Belle is the worst experience Nokia has ever gotten me.

When Anna was launched, I was both happy and pleased with the changes. Now, with Belle, I am neither. I have too many remarks and complaints to even get started.

Quite seriously, I *might* still buy a Nokia device next time, if i'll be offered an "upgrade" back to Symbian Anna (really) quickly.

I have already got a Lumia 800 but sadly, this device does not quite offer what I want in a phone.

Symbian Anna came closest to my needs, and those of many others.

I loved the E7 (read: past tense, "loved"), though, if I'll be stuck with Belle, please note I /will/ be switching to another manufacturer, -soon-.

You are welcomed to send me an email at any time.

Phone History; Nokia 9000 Communicator, 3310, 2650, N73, E71, N97 Mini, E52, N8, E7, Lumia 800
Developing lightweight Java based GPS applications for Nokia phones since 2009 ( www.locationof.com )
Please use plain text.
JONAS100

Hello, I just bought E6. After having E61, E61i, E71, E72 I was shure E6 too was a success with the best homescreen ever. I got this confirmed while I looked at the model in the shop. All information about upcoming meetings, two mailboxes etc on ONE screen. I bought E6 one day before I said yes to automatic update. Suddenly I had Belle, Most things semems nice , but now I have to look at three screen before I have overview - bad solution for business.  I want to reinstall Anna now. How? Otherwise it is for sale.

Please use plain text.
bge7

well two days ago i connected my e7 anna and saw a new software update called belle, never heard of it before. I thought cool make my phone better. Sadly now I got toilet troubles. I should have researched first. So not gonna update my n8, even though I tried it failed (lucky for me) its doing fine as it is thanks and every thing works nicely
Please use plain text.
Contributor
chit1bit

ya its worst than anna.theres no option that v can close the open applications.
can any 1 tellme how to load .jar file in it
if i would hav known these comments earlier i wouldn't hav used that update
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rmaly

I have also discovered a bug I think noone so far complained to.

In Anna, if you connected USB, you were able to backup to this usb memory. Now, backup option still available only after connecting of usb, but the backup is stored at 'E' drive (phone memory)!!!

Second thing is (to be honest, I am only 95% sure about this one) is the thing with messaging. If I recall correctly, when I click on messaging icon in Anna, wrote a message and then pick a contact from contact list and had stored an email and phone number with the contact, I could pick either email or number. If I picked number, then it was sent as sms, if I picked email (and I had configured my gmail account on the phone), then it was sent as email. Now, it was sent as multimedia message!!! :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
muntz

[ Edited ]

"Problem" confirmed.

When picking the e-mail address it says "Message type changed to Multimedia".

It seems that it doesn't get sent correctly either.

Did a test on my E72 - it works the same way. If I pick "new message" and then

chose an e-mail address it changes to MMS.

I need to chose "new mail"  on my N8 and the same goes for the E72.

So it might be "works as designed".

HaHa
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC

@chit1bit: I had no problems installing a jar-application via Nokia Suite.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jonfr500

While I do not have any issues with the underling Symbian Os. But I do have issues with the new interface, as I have already posted about here already. I mostly dislike the signal bar and what is connected to it. What I dislike the most is the fact it is so small that it is now hard to read. When it says 3G and 3.5G on my phone, the letters something about 2 in font size.

But I have already been seeing the issue in Nokia N8 that it is spending more CPU power on the GUI (due the new interface) then it did before. The result of that is now I cannot properly play DRM video files and video files over certain screen size. I did think that Nokia knew that on mobile device every militate of power counts and so does each CPU cycle. I am not impressed by the fact that my phone is now wasting more on fancy GUI interface then actual usage. Like playing video properly when I need it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
atomicfungus

[ Edited ]

Please give us back Anna. Either that or force Belle to accept all apps that worked on Anna. I bought a couple of applications (yes, PAID apps) while I was on Anna and now they're all gone. They do not show up in store when I select N8 Belle. Anna was much more user friendly and gave us more control over our phones. Belle is trying to hard to be like iOS. If I wanted iOS, I would have bought an iPhone, not a Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
secarica

[ Edited ]

I asked the technical support center at Orange (Romania) for a paid downgrade of my N8 to Anna and the guy there said it won't do it, because there is a chance that the phone will not start anymore after flashing and he does not want to take a chance on this. So I'm stuck ...

I think I will give another try at the Nokia service center, supposing I will find the place, maybe I will have more luck there.

Cristi

Please use plain text.