Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle Browser Issues

Advisor
knurdtech

Belle Browser Issues

I've run across a few sites that won't stop refreshing (they never finish loading).  Can anyone else duplicate on other Belle phones?  Does Anna have the same problem? 

Here is a site to test with that's just an Ubuntu / Linux news blog.  The homepage loads fine but one (or possibly more) of the stories do not.  http://www.webupd8.org/2012/02/encrypt-dns-traffic-in-linux-with.html

Yes, I have a good internet (wi-fi) connection.  I actually tried loading that page and walked away to have lunch.  After returning, the page was still reloading and screen was still on.  Yes, it drains battery really fast.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@knurdtech

Why not just use Opera as browser:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shizo77

Opera isnt faster than the N8 / NokiaBelle Browser and does not support Flash - in Belle i have better experience with belle browser

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Paulishta3

Hi. I am very disappointed with the Belle update, since flash videos aren't working anymore, and also when I am accessing a website which I used to make payments from is telling me that I cannot log in since I have another problem, actually it says I don't have "JAVA".

Nokia N8-00, Nokia E50 (Alive & kickin')
Please use plain text.
Advisor
knurdtech

Opera Mobile or Opera Mini isn't faster than the Belle browser?  Installed Opera Mobile, thanks for the tip. 

Still doesn't explain the bug in the default Belle browser though.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

In Opera Mobile go to settings, then advanced settings, then at the User Agent select Desktop as the User Agent and see if Opera Mobile will freeze and make your phone unresponsive the way it makes my Nokia N8-00 running on Nokia Belle. My Opera Mobile version was v11.50.1949 and try opening multiple tabs and see if your device will freeze.I have reported that matter to Nokia and Opera. If your Nokia N8-00 running on Nokia Belle will freeze or become unresponsive then hold your power key for 8 seconds until the device vibrates 3 times then switch on your device and change the settings back to Mobile as the User Agent on Opera Mobile.

Please your feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Any feedback from anyone.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

knurdtech wrote:

I've run across a few sites that won't stop refreshing (they never finish loading).  Can anyone else duplicate on other Belle phones?  Does Anna have the same problem? 

Here is a site to test with that's just an Ubuntu / Linux news blog.  The homepage loads fine but one (or possibly more) of the stories do not.  http://www.webupd8.org/2012/02/encrypt-dns-traffic-in-linux-with.html

The author of the website in question have severe problems writing html that makes sense! There are several errors in both the page source itself, in its style sheet, and in the scripts it use.

http://validator.w3.org/

One can hardly blame the Nokia browser for being unable to render 2MB+ of defective junk?

- And it also never finish loading in Anna.

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

hpholm

Well done and thoughtful.:smileywink:

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Advisor
knurdtech

Thanks for the info.  I know it happened to me on another website as well...just used that as an example.  Didn't evaluate if the code was HTML compliant or not...just know it works fine on desktop and Opera Mobile on Belle.

In any case, I don't think 2MB+ of defective junk should cause the Nokia browser to continually refresh and keep the screen on.  I would still classify that as a bug.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
knurdtech

@Ngwangwa - This thread is attempting to discuss browser issues specifically with the default Belle browser.  I would suggest opening a new thread if you are troubleshooting issues with Opera on Belle.  It may also be beneficial to open a ticket with Opera.

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

knurdtech wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I know it happened to me on another website as well...just used that as an example.  Didn't evaluate if the code was HTML compliant or not...just know it works fine on desktop and Opera Mobile on Belle.

In any case, I don't think 2MB+ of defective junk should cause the Nokia browser to continually refresh and keep the screen on.  I would still classify that as a bug.

The page in question does not work fine in any browser, desktop or mobile. It can't, since its html source and scripts doesn't add up - it's only a question when and where the browser decide to stop loading the page. I'm unable to determine whether the page author deliberately try and exploit weaknesses in browsers, or if he is just trying to make some dollars from the affiliates scripts and other stuff on the page, and lacks the competence to do it properly.

With my standard restrictive and safe settings in Internet Explorer 9 only the main page is shown, none of the comments. It looks about the same as in the Nokia browser with java/ECMA script turned off.

I agree that the Nokia browser should not be looping on defective scripts - but I still want it to show as much as possible of most websites, also when it is not made for mobile devices. That's the challenge for the developers.

Best regards,

Hans

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shizo77

Opera finished the V12 for Symbian/Java - it works but i think it works not better than the 11.5.

i prefer the Opera Mobile 12 Version - http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I used opera mobile both in ana and in belle with no navigation problems, both in desktop mode and in mobile mode. Pages work great both in version 11.5 and 12. The only problem present is with belle default browser selection since even though it can be selected as the default browser it is not opened automatically when a web link is selected in mail or messeges, the nokia browser opens up which is frustrating due to navigation limitations of nokia browser. It is strange since after the update to belle it worked fine but after a while it stoped being selected as default browser.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
suhas_madhekar

i am using nokia 603 with belle fp1 update.. i am not able to search content from www.google.com  from belle browser... and also i m not able to log into different sites like facebook, gmail etc... .whenever i input my log in credentials and press "Login" the page reloads again n i am asked to input the credentials once again....same is the case with google search from the browser... this thing continues again n again..

please provide me the solution for the problem....

thanx... 

Please use plain text.