Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle FP1 Update - failing expectations-not en...

Counsellor
AjeeTdear

Belle FP1 Update - failing expectations-not encouragng one

Recent update appears to be released without proper prior testing..! Together with Microsoft Apps it has created a havoc...
1. People are doing hard,including me, to do away with those two irritating e-mail icons. We generally do soft reset and bump into nightmare as phone becomes dead
2. Some people got the Microsoft suite and some are still crying,like me, as where has this suite update disappeared.
3. Theme effects gone making the phone slow and drain more battery
4. Wifi connectivity issues and sometimes Wifi networks automatically moves from INTERNET to UNCATEGORISED LIST in destinations settings
5. Browser still fails to deliver on several accounts as without proper flash support, there is no net-enjoyement.
6. Nokia care uploading miss-matched product softeares as in my case.
7. Phone is now tampering with sim cards and gaining the habit of restarting.
8. Google search engine removed from the default search providors.
And many other irritating issues that are present all over the net.
Nokia does not respond as quickly to symbian as it recently responded to Lumia900 in America.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

Re: Belle FP1 Update - failing expectations-not encouragng one

Now I am facing another problem ...browser shutting down on its ow...very irregular behaviour of the software.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rups_Kumar

Most of the problem u listed is not Bcoz of this update coz most of them am not experiencing....
Try to Hard Reset ur mobile and then again install the OS...
Dat will simply solve ur problem :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

I downloaded the required nokia suite...but error occurs showing 'something went wrong' error 12054. Tried manytimes but in vain. Also emsil not opening.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Alexander_S

But remember that Hard Reset (holding buttons to reset) will also remove all preinstalled software from your phone. You will never get it back over the air.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

Nokia India updated status on facebook that microsoft office mobile is available to download even by OTA. I am not getting update via OTA.I complained and they gave me the link to discussions fofum...Wbat to do here where we are not listened to by Nokia officials.
ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

We already updated to FP1 and MS apps 2.0 is not available via update.
When are we going to get it without any effect to mail app?

Anybody at Nokia discussion could confirm about this please.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
svi78

Unfortunately Microsoft Apps is not available yet, if Nokia Belle FP1 was installed on the Nokia 701 (700 or 603) phone. It's coming later.

Please use plain text.
Sage

Alexander_S wrote:
But remember that Hard Reset (holding buttons to reset) will also remove all preinstalled software from your phone. You will never get it back over the air.

Which is the best thing I ever did with my 701. I currently have 530MB free on my C:-drive.

ALL the crud is gone. And I have no need for Nokia-store on my phone. Maps can be downloaded. Some missing apps can be found on the web And some of those versions can even be installed in E: or F:. Keeping the C:-clear for the important stuff.

Did the same with my N8 (Belle) and I managed to get 135MB free C:-drive.

Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

AjeeTdear wrote:

4. Wifi connectivity issues and sometimes Wifi networks automatically moves from INTERNET to UNCATEGORISED LIST in destinations settings

Exactly the same that's happening on my 701 after updating to FP1. Think it's a process called "wlanmaintenance.exe", as I wrote in another post today. Dunno how to fix it, anyway... It appears to be a temporary move, yet it's very annoying!

cheers

m

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ananthplayboy

i've updated my nokia 701

i havnt faced any problem..

i've updated nokia belle fp1 first then also microsoft apps is stilla available.....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AjeeTdear

We in India are not getting microsoft apps. Initially it was available but it disabled the email clients installed, so, the update was withheld as per the nokia reply on discussion's page. after such a long gap even they haven't beeen able to resolve the issue. This is the progress of & attitude towards its customers. Very sad!!!!!!!!!! 

ajeeTsingh
Please use plain text.