Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Belle Feature Pack 1 for the N8?

Professor
noki2000

John_Tesla wrote:

Hi all,

The Belle feature pack 1 will indeed be made available for Nokia 603, Nokia 700 and Nokia 701. Although Nokia is gathering feedback about the Belle release, expect more changes and fixes soon for 1st generation Symbian 3 devices. Stay tuned!

John_Tesla

Hi John_Tesla

This is great news, thank you!

It would be great also if you post this info in the Software Updates section.

Cheeers!!!

Please use plain text.
andyishandsome

I am now using a Chinese (Hong Kong) C7-00 with Belle updated. However, there is still no split screen support for Chinese input. This really disappoints me and totally a wastage of time in waiting for the Belle Update for more than half year since the Anna update in August last year.

It seems to me there will be no more update for split screen support forever! And I can see Nokia is now losing more than 90% of market share in the greater China region!

Being a responsible company, Nokia MUST solve the "split screen" issue in future software update, and bring us a responsive actions on improving both their existing products and new products.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

Having read some of the previous comments, there are a people who seem quite upset with Nokia because they are unable to upgrade their 2010 release Nokia phones along the same lines as the newer, more powerful Belle phones which were only released around 6 months ago.

The newer Belle phones have faster processors, more RAM and are therefore able to handle more demanding software than the S3 phones. Yes my N8 may have a superior camera to the 700, however it loses out on everything else.
I think people need a dose of reality as they seem to expect their S3 phones to be updated ad infinitum......it ain't going o happen. We are probably reaching a plateau in terms of major software updates for the S3 phones, however Nokia are still looking at releasing more updates. I think in terms of updates S3 owners fair quite well compared to other manufacturers.

I would suggest that other widgets will be released in good time. Why don't we wait and see what updates are due to be released before throwing our S3 phones in the rubbish bin!

I think some persective is needed.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jijomathewkdn

Why the limit for hardware?

N8 have a 1GHz processor and Nokia underclocked it to 680MHz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N8

(check hardware topic on link)

Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

I am aware that the processor in the N8 was underclocked, however I read somewhere (can't remember the source) that this was due to overheating and stability issues, therefore a hardware limitation.

Regardless the N8 and the other S3 phones have half the RAM of the 700 etc. (256mb instead of 512mb).

It would be great if the N8 could receive the updates in fp1, however I don't subscribe to this conspiracy theory that the S3 phones are being held back somehow.

Please use plain text.
Sage
bassmantrb5ii

I am always dubious about information from wikipedia being taken as gospel. Where is the provenence that the processor was going to be restored to 1ghz?
Please use plain text.
palla89symbell

Hello. I've got another important suggestion that would be amazing. I tried to use "nokia battery monitor", it works, but it drains more battery now, because with Belle, its compatible update consumes 700 or little more Kb of ram, and I actually see this energy consumption.
I'm not saying shamelessly copy IoS system, but you can introduce in the battery placed in the right corner above the screen and close to the clock, a number from 1 to 10 where 10 means 100% battery, 9 - 90% and so forth.. So it would not take too much place, for the small battery icon designed, and the number obviously put inside it. Actually it would be helpful and easily done, because there's space available. Except in the 'battery saving mode' where there's a moon drawn and anyway we don't understand how much energy is left.
- camera new design (like 808) is lovely, without autofocus problems at all (expecially in the zooming and darkness scenes), and please with improvements for ‘close up’ I have problems both with video and photos;
- improved notifications bar, even amendable for the user as his personal will (few good functions now, introduce new ones);
-better multitasking, cool;
-better sound for N8 with the new codec, a nice dream;
-Very foolish and not so important thing this one, but why in the clock I can't see seconds?
Nokia astonish All us, like only you may do! Belle is to much beautiful, and with facts and results (not illusions), in a future of money people will continue forever believing in you, even without dual core (who cares!).
Nokia you are rocking with Symbian, and we never know the fate!
Give us compatibility (companies are scared of Symbian) for SoundHound, M guard, Skype's videochat (I have a friend leaving for Usa who was intentioned to buy a nokia even for Skype's videos, but I had to tell her that is not yet implemented), and she does not want Wp. I think that all these things are value added for Symbian that will last forever so.

Only bugs noticed with Belle are: Autofocus is a completely disaster (videos, photo), randomly blinking icon saying "required data mobile" even after controlled that Everything was put off, and like another user said, emoticons usage is terrible slow 4 seconds. Thanks if you read this papyrus and considered it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jpasan

Come on Nokia.

The N8 was the flagship of the line, release less than 2 years ago in the second half of 2010. I paid €520 for mine. When european community law even mandates a 2 year warranty, at least offer proper support for that time period. Update the phone for at least 2 years since the original release. Preferably 3, to make it a real worthwhile purchase.

I actually read the CPU was underclocked to 680 Mhz from 772Mhz. I would accept that little performance boost gladly, since I already got to charge the phone every day.

Please use plain text.
adam1273123

Nokia said that the belle update will bring improved multitasking, but were do we see it in fp1 which us s^3 users are not getting. Thats the kind of false advertising that nokia keeps on doing. Just as the email notification we saw it in anna, and belle screen shots but we never got it. So Nokia should atleast give use all the features that we were supposed to get as shown in there advertising (false ofcourse). So we atleast deserve a lite version of Belle fp1, the widgets new multitasking and improved notification bar. And by the way what about the skype widget the we saw on billboards are we going to get it or was that another false advertisement. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sym_Nok91Fab

Otherwise, if the overclocking is not at all possible, why not play at the other part of medallion, increasing battery power on the lowest energy consumer phones, being 680 Mhz processor and running Belle.. It would be an added value for "oldest" phones, more battery life (lasting) than they already have.
And I heard a voice, of rich recording audio soon in all models, I hope this is expecially for N8, that after 808, is the phone that most has need of this value. It has got 2 microphones (maybe different from 808 ones) and processor can manage the better audio, even without 1,3 Ghz processor.

Please use plain text.
ponmani46

dear,

sir,

please give us update "dolby digital headphone enhancement" for nokia n8.......

This one is the most expected update for every n8 owners

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
LiptonICEI

Nokia is the worst. 

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jpasan

Hi Nokia.

How about taking a hint from the competition?

Yesterday with the pad thingy 3, they got OS version 5.1 that can still be used in the iPhone 3Gs. I really don't like the fruit company at all, but that way they actually provide good value for customers

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chami2200

hi, i have problems with my N8 after update to Belle.:smileysad:

1. can't unhold or swap to the 1st call from the 2nd call. it's not going back to 1st call automatically or from the unhold button when the 2nd call end or swap to 1st..

2. GPS acting wired sometimes.. it can't locate my position & gives me wrong directions..

3. sometimes it loose the internet connection from the ATT.. that didn't happen before..

4. skype not working

5. BH-216 bluetooth sometimes not activate with the call even if it's connected to the phone.. i have to put the speaker on & put it back to bluetooth to activate it...

i got the customer support but still couldn't fix those.. i hope it'll fix from the pack 1... i wish if i can use any brand of headphone or bluetooth (beats/bose) with all nokia phones...

anyone has the same problems...??? :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
John_Tesla

[ Edited ]

Hi Chami2200,

Welcome to the Nokia Support Discussions,

All of this problems are resolved by installing Belle properly on your Nokia N8.

Please try to make a backup of your Personal data using the latest version of Nokia Suite.

Make sure you don't make a back up of your phone settings.

Then on your device, enter the following code.

*#7370#  

12345 for the security code, unless you have change it yourself.

This should restore the device to the factory settings, erasing everything from your device.

After this, please re-install the Nokia Belle update.

Finally, restore your personal data.

Your phone, should work now perfectly.

All the best,

John_Tesla

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chami2200

hi, so i have to do all the phone settings and applications again...???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

You foot need to set up all your apps. Make a backup of your data except settings. And then restore from backup. You are suggested NOT to restore settings. You can restore all else.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sym_Nok91Fab

compared to
BELLE BUG (NEW ONE TO ME)

Like I've read online this is a common bug; videos recorded don't go in video folder like with Anna, there are many unofficial and random solutions that I tried with no success.
Please nokia, read to these beautiful comments, and make of a dream a "Dream" :-).

Camera improvements for N8 with the full touch for the zoom and focus are really modern and cool, and the second best camera phone in the world deserves this improvement!

N8 and friends are still jewels and compared with 808, maybe second hand's jewels, but still worthy and Rich phones, that need of your updates to stay healthy and priceless for what they do (it's for symbian honor, without considering marketing or minor hardware problems)..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Sym_Nok91Fab

"compared to", at begining is came from somewhere, probably wrong words corrector... Anyway this is the add of bugs already posted in this forum, I got same ones.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Chewbacca

So John Tesla, are you promising me that if I follow your instructions my beloved N8 will be improved by the switch from Anna to Belle?

I need reassurance before I switch.

Please use plain text.