Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle Feature Pack 1 for the N8?

Contributor
Prashant_J

Mr. Moderator,
I am very sorry if I sounded rude or impatient for that matter. Just wanted to know because if it is happening soon, and if it will be a whole new installation, I, for now, would not reinstall belle as is suggested to me in the thread. I could say and agree that I might have been a little worried for my phone resetting daily.

But as it has been clearly stated by pauli_p that my phone has some weird malware or my phone is physically damaged, I would get belle installed from nokia care asap.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Prashant_J

Dear pauli_p,
My phone is not physically damaged, for sure. As i had mentioned, I did make the mistake of typing in the lock code of my phone when it was suggested not to, and I guess that might be the reason of my phone resetting and the 'mobile data connection off' notification.

For the 3rd point, I beg to differ. There is space on right in conversation when in landscape mode. But still, nothing important.

4th and 5th, agreed and my apologies for that. Maybe because I was finding it really annoying to do an extra click, as you have mentioned in the 11th point that you also don't like to do an extra click.

6th, Yes that doesn't really matter.

7th and 8th, yes, it is indeed very stupid to have a soft key and a hard key for same functions, and that is what I intended to say. The hard key for lock is for locking screen and keys, and not for locking phone.

9th, the same was advised by andy3169, and I agreed to that readily.

10th, its a unanimous issue.

11th, agreed and advise taken.

P.S. These issues were already resolved. It would be very kind of you if you could just tell me whether formatting a phone again and again is recommended. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Abiramidasan

Team,

Any update on FP1 for N8 would be more welcome. Also, please advise if I exchange my N8 for 701

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC

Are there any news? Will N8 users ever get the Feature Pack?

One thing that really confused me from another thread:

"1.Profile selection from the on/off key - Gone."

Seriously?! First Nokia makes the profile widget worse with Belle update and then they decide to remove the only quick solution to change the profile? Are you kidding?

I only want to know if I should wait for the Feature Pack or hack my N8 for custom widgets. Funny thing: In the last years I always laughed at iPhone users because they first had to 'jailbreak' their phone to use it constructively and now Nokia heads the same direction.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ajayc601

We are eagerly waiting for Belle Fp1 update foe C6-01 as well.:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
blinddrew

[ Edited ]

@

I think what most people are objecting to is the fact that Belle is a significant step back compared to Anna. I don't expect my phone to keep getting better, I just want it to work as well as it did before.

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

FP1 has already been released for native Belle devices, this means also, there's a lot of stuff out there than can be used by our Symbian^3 upgraded to Belle N8, like new widgets, browser, better camera UI with more creative options, dolby support, better notifications and many more.
Please Nokia, our N8 is still a great phone, let us enjoy it a little longer.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Dan555

[ Edited ]

Seriously?! First Nokia makes the profile widget worse with Belle update and then they decide to remove the only quick solution to change the profile? Are you kidding?

I can't believe how these ideas are allowed to be signed off and secondly that Nokia even have focus groups testing these changes.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Dan555 wrote:

I can't believe how these ideas are allowed to be signed off and secondly that Nokia even have focus groups testing these changes.

You can still change profiles from the power key. Press once and a menus will appear that allows profile changing as well as some other options.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC

rayhipkiss wrote:

You can still change profiles from the power key. Press once and a menus will appear that allows profile changing as well as some other options.

Ray. 

That's good news ... I was just wondering about when I read this in another thread about the FP1 ...

Please use plain text.
aapnarritesh

This is very unfortunate that you are suggesting to drop out the applications while updating belle. I had purchased Mr. Safe from Nokia Store. How can I get the id and passwords after updation which that I have stored in that.

Kaspersky Antivirus is already not working in Belle.

Some other free and useful software is also not working.

I have already visited 6 times in NCC for Power Boot Failure.

I have updated my N8-00 for 4 times before Belle Update, but never faced the problems like this. You have to make proper guides about the non supporting softwares during advertising.

I think this is the worst update you have launched and it shows that NOKIA is going downwards day by day.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

When will the Nokia N8 get the future and improved updates that will solve C drive memory loss and solve other bugs and enable users to edit music track information of a song and edit or create a new equalizer present. Nokia has to also ensure that Microsoft applications installs on E drive and maps also install on E drive thus freeing memory deficiency on C drive. Also in messaging there has to be a way to select memory in use to save all the messages on E drive and emails too and enable flv and mkv video formats. Include Dolby because the Nokia N8 has Dolby surround. Nokia make Nokia Belle great by solving these bugs.

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vaun1989

will der be any belle fp1 update for Nokia - c700

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ArcoS

Same as the former top range, the N86. 2 updates and was it !!!! One of the best Nokia's I've got, but even that one broke down. USB was dead. No spare parts like motherboard availebele ... a shame. Now my N8 has not even got a proper upgrade for the music player !!!! (one of the main features of a mobile phone....)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chami2200

Hi John, i did like u said n it works good now but i lost my favorits places in maps, playlists but tht's fine atleast it works better.. but still have one problem left tht's # 5. BH-216 bluetooth sometimes not activate with the call even if it's connected to the phone.. i have to put the speaker on & put it back to bluetooth to activate it... i did reset bluetooth too but still the same... n one more question there's any way that i can turn off carpool lane from the maps...?? cuz it give me the route from carpool always when i can't even take it.. thanks
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wateratz

I'm not sure that Nokia really needs to make the full FP1 available for the N8. I think they would be better served by a couple of minor tweaks that allow system embedded Apps such as Maps, Email, Messages etc to run from Mass Memory rather than Internal Memory.

Aside from less free space on C: that happened as a result of the Belle update, Belle has been a great step forward. The phone runs smoother, is more reliable, better featured. And if some legacy apps won't run, then that's just tough. Samething happened with Win XP going to Win 7. It's called progress.

As for people slagging Nokia, then they're off their trolley. Microsoft didn't offer free Win 7 to XP or Vista users, Apple charge for major OS upgrades (well down here in NZ they do), and for Nokia to be offerring future bug fixes and upgrades for a two year old device is commendable, and they are buying a certain degree of brand loyalty by doing so. Hell, I even bought my wife an N9, and she loves it.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AUTxRemoteC

Any news on this topic? For me the most important are the smaller, usable widgets - I don't need any eye-candy stuff as there was an overload with Belle.

Please use plain text.
karipv

Seemingly it is still impossible to do video recordings with external microphone. Not good.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jadonx

I was put off upgrading by some negative comments on this forum. Now I have upgraded  I am pleased with the improvements. I like the swipe down shortcut so I can quickly turn off/on Bluetooth, data, wifi and switch quickly to silent(any other profiles here would clutter up and less used profiles can be acessed from the power button anyway).

It takes alot to come up with an update like this and people should be patient for any tweaks or bug fixes.

John.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ezio333

[ Edited ]

what the XXXX man...:pinch:

*Abusive tone deleted

Please use plain text.