Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Belle - how to open email links on Opera?

Professor
bearshare

Belle - how to open email links on Opera?

Hi all,

I updated my C6-01 to Belle yesterday and one of the first things I made was to set all links to Open on Opera 11, by using the setting on Menu -> Settings -> Apps Definitions -> Predefined Apps -> Web Navigation (menus translated from Portuguese).

Nevertheless, the Belle native email app simply ignores that setting and it insists on opening on the native Web app all of the links embedded on email messages.

I'm kind of upset with that, since it's an issue that was present on Symbian^3 and was already solved on Anna. On Anna, links were alllways opened on Opera 11.

Any clues?

Kind regards.

Please use plain text.
MCBuhl

Re: Belle - how to open email links on Opera?

Same problem. Don't understand neither. Why Nokia? Why can't we keep good solutions/fixed issues just as this one? This is so poor...
Please use plain text.
Professor
bearshare

Could we have the opinion of a Nokia employee here, since this is clearly a Belle issue.

On Anna, the phone setting "open web pages in Opera", was respected by all apps.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

Yes, we really need this feature! Is there any official here to respond?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi all,

Please have a look at the Belle FAQ > Belle troubleshooting. This could be also depending on Opera mobile. I tried this myself and it is like you said, it uses the phone browser instead of Opera mobile when opening a link from an email despite Opera being the default browser.

"After the update to Nokia Belle, I have issues with Opera Mobile browser. Is this getting fixed? Opera Mobile is not fully compatible with Nokia Belle yet. Opera is working on a new version and will release it as soon as possible."

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mss1988

There was two major releases of Opera since Nokia Belle was launched, so I don't think that it's an Opera issue.

Can you tell me do mail application launches Nokia default browser directly or it do some system call that launches the program accessorated with web urls?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

This is a very frustrating issue since the native browser is relatively poor at rendering web pages. Does any one know of a walk around for this, is there a system settings file were this can be changed?

Please use plain text.
Sage
bbnaco

bearshare wrote:

Could we have the opinion of a Nokia employee here, since this is clearly a Belle issue.

On Anna, the phone setting "open web pages in Opera", was respected by all apps.

Regards.

I am on Anna. Not all applications respect the Open in Opera setting. For eg. Nokia Social application. Any link opened from within it opens only in the Nokia Web browser.

Please use plain text.