Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle on E6 - first impressions

Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Apart from the e-mail display shortcomings and lack of battery stamina, I've obviously had a lucky upgrade (product code 059J2Q8, Telenor Danmark).

My comments relate to several of the above meesages.

I have just used the calculator and the keypad works just as well as the 'soft' keys.

Google Maps works as it alway did and more on my E72, finding the satellites real quick.

Nokia Care told me Tuesday that Opera Mini doesn't work with the E6 yet, but I haven't found any issues with it.

I have no problem with e-mail syncing using Nokia/Yahoo mail, which gets pushed to my phone seconds after I send it from Outlook. MOre than one account confuses me, so I don't attempt to have more than one mailbox and get selected other accounts to forward my mail to my Nokia mail account.

The only problem I've had relates to the screen lock function which won't let me stop recording with the Voice Recorder - which otherwise makes great recording of a studio band with drums, percusion and song without distorting). I expect I just need to disable automatic screen lock when recording - although the phone should do that itself...

The phone has only frozen once in almost a week, and that was when I tried to access the UK music store from Denmark (which does have one (Danish politics, not Nokia's fault)), so that could have been why.

Apart from that, I'm still trying to suss out how to do loads of things because IMHO, Belle _is_ less intuitive that Anna was.

Perhaps I've just been lucky with the upgrade I got.

Nokia does listen, but a lot of the time it seems to be to the wrong people ... They seem to ignore corrections to Maps, for example.

Great phone, though, basically.

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Advisor
xevilman

It look like that we, the E6 users, are many different profiles.

Still the E6 as a business phone should work reliably. I must say that this is most likely my last Nokia phone. Other producers also have sleek "keyboard-touch" phones and android system with more working features.

Options are also windows phones, but after the Belle experience, I would prefer to choose different phone manufacturer.

One interesting thing is also, that people from Nokia don't seem to be reading this forum, otherwise we would get some response.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blanebf

@xevilman
Nokia employees actually did respond in several threads on E6. The problem is that no solution to our issues is in sight and responses do not excuse how badly belle was adapted for our phone (if it was at all). Three last emails take almost whole homescreen. How this could possible pass any sanity check?
And look at the beta labs. They posted long awaited weather widget, but with no support for E6.
I'm really tired of waiting for nokia to adapt their own software for their own handset.
As a loyal nokia customer for many years I feel rather insulted.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
xevilman

@blanebf

Insulted is a word, not strong enough, to describe how I feel like. I think I'll replace this phone with HTC cha cha or something. Few of my business partners asked me about E6 and it's performance. I will not recommend this phone to anyone.

Please use plain text.
Sage
hooker1uk

I have to say i'm happy with belle. No major niggles for me.
Anna/Belle handsets : E6-00
s60 handsets : E71 grey steel, 6700slide Purple
s40 Handsets : Nokia C3-01, 6086, N6300.
JesusPad2 16gb, booklet3g (32gb ssd upgrade) eeepc701SD (64gb ssd) bauer mini laptop (32gb ssd)

Kudos is Nice - please. Pass it on, you'll make a geek happy
@hooker1uk (as a blogger my words do not represent the brands i work with unless stated otherwise.)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Arde_fin

[ Edited ]

hughm_nyksj_dk wrote:

I have just used the calculator and the keypad works just as well as the 'soft' keys.

Great phone, though, basically.

Interesting how the calculator would work on some phone but not the other. You're in Denmark so you have the scandinavian keyset too? I was thinkin first it would come from the few special characters involved around the "dot" -key, but your info on this is messing things. So you have the decimals running ok? 

One "feature" found again. When plugged to charger, phone makes sound for ready. But no text comes to screen. When I plug the cord off the phone, it says on screen "phone charged, unplug the charger to save energy" (not in exact words) :smileyhappy: I just did unplug the charger right? This text used to come to the screen when the charge was ready but now in Belle things are different.

Great phone, yes! Belle software just s**ks badly. Hopefully Nokia people are doing their job to complete an update to get things better. 

I just looked for the new phone models, and on Pureview images there is a different looking calendar widget, so we might have hope?

Please use plain text.
szeemee

Don't upgrade!

I got a belle device software warranty (instead of anna), Consumer Affairs will do it.

Nokia Belle the worst software, I have never once nokia phone!

Please use plain text.
darine71

[ Edited ]
@maartenreinders: 

I agree completely. I "upgraded" to Belle a few days ago and I have now wiped my E6 and I am going to sell it. I am back to using my E71. Such a disappointment. Aside from a few enhancements (camera, faster connectivity, more reliable sync) the E6 on ANNA was a step backward. The upgrade to BELLE turned a crippled phone into a $400 paperweight.
Please use plain text.
doggytun

Hello,

I am an E6 user for about 1 month. When i got the E6, I was very pleased. It is a very good looking phone.

Anna was exactly what I was expecting from this phone; everything was working properly.

What I do not understand is why this "new software- belle" wich is much worse than "anna" in every way, was approved by anybody.

I did not buy this phone, so Nokia can test their new software, i bought it because i need it to work properly.

I like Nokia with symbian not with android. Belle looks like android in many ways.

What is even worse is the fact that nokia is doing nothing to fix the issues that many of us have after belle upgrade.

Since Nokia 3310 was released, I had ONLY Nokia phones. I am 100% that this is my last Nokia phone.

I am so sorry i paid so much money on it, when I could get one of the other two alternatives i had.

Have a good day everybody.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
damienm1197

I agree whole-heartedly. Only just upgraded (things are a bit slow in Australia), and the homescreen in belle is utterly useless compared with what Anna offered. No matter how I arrange the icons and massive bloody widgets, I'm stuck with whopping big holes of watsed space everywhere. They had to give you more homescreens because they knew you couldn't do anything if you only had 4. I know we're a bit starved of screen space on the E6, but crikey, I reckon they'd even have issues on those full touch screen dizzos. What's more, the messaging app is sparse, gappy and missing half the functions that Anna had (smiley button etc). Plus, in my opinion, Anna just looked and behaved better. What's more, every so often, the phone just forgets that I have a solid keyboard; I'll have to restart the phone before I can type on a web page or in a message! Dodgy dodgy. I thought updates/upgrades were supposed to be an "improvment".
Please use plain text.
Advisor
LUV7

NOKIA has fixed at least 1 problem that now it shows the number of characters in MESSAGE [AFTER UPGRADING THE MESSAGE SOFTWARE WHICH YOU WILL FIND IN "SW UPDATE".:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Arde_fin

[ Edited ]

I've seen 0 messages from any Nokia personnel to these E6+Belle topics. Someone reads these or the feedback has gone some other way as they worked out the SMS character counter. Wow, must've been a great job to accomplish. :smileyhappy:

Damienm1197: For the hardkeys not working -issue. I've had that a few times now, and last time I think I found a cure. I just pressed the "Ctrl" -key few times and suddenly all hardkeys came back to life.

Haven't had that issue since so I've had no chance to test the solution repeatedly. But if you have that issue often then maybe you can test out?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
damienm1197

I ended up downloading all the classic E-series tones off the net and put them in a folder on the E Drive. Sooooo much better. I know when it's MY phone that's ringing now!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
damienm1197

Thanks Arde_fin, I actually stumbled across that very thing the other day. In a mad flurry to get my keyboard working again, I hit the ctrl and ta da! Like to know how it happens in the first place. This update needs a LOT of patches, Nokia. Get ya boys on it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
damienm1197

Also, I hear the "Android" talk on here. The whole reason I have a Nokia phone in my hand right now is because that it is EVERYTHING an Android/Iphone is NOT! Am I right? If I wanted to join the iphone cult I would, but please Nokia, don't force it on us. Keep the system pure. I've been a Nokia fan since the 5110, and still am.... But it's slipping.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ruyilove

hi frnds, i tink i hav an idea on how to downgrade to anna on nokia e6. It worked for some people. It could work for you. All you hav to do is just restore factory settings.
Please use plain text.
chicowinter

exactly the same here too..battery life got reduced to almost one day for a normal everyday use!! I REGRET HAVING UPDATED IT

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
simonp1

Its awful, you cannot read emails in the email app, font too small, same problem with browsing web pages you cant zoom in enough to read them, you cant fit enough icons on a home screen and it doesnt back up in nokia suite any more. Its designed for a bigger screen. Does anyone know how to downgrade to a version that works, Anna wasn't too bad? This is rubbish and my network operator isnt helping.

Please use plain text.