Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Belle update for Nokia C6-00

sumit_rana

Belle update for Nokia C6-00

Why Nokia is not giving Symbian Belle update for nokia C6-00 while Nokia 500 is running on same platform which is much cheaper than C6-00. I am using C6-00 from around 16 months and the software is really slow and it hangs multiple times in a day. Before purchasing this phone i suggest all friends to purchase nokia phones, at that time i was using nokia's low end phones but when i purchased this phone, it never gives me satisfation that i am using a smartphone. So i am making plan to move on to some other brand.

Thanks and Regards

Sumit Rana

( An unsatisfactory customer)

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Belle update for Nokia C6-00

[ Edited ]

Belle is not being released for any S60v5 devices, they don't have the necessary internal hardware to run it. The Nokia 500 was released running Anna and it does have the required hardware, it was also released long after the C6-00.

Only S^3 and Symbian Anna devices can be updated to Nokia Belle. S60V5 devices are just too old, even the C6-00 which was released towards the end of that OS's life. 

So if you really are unhappy about this then you really do need to switch to another brand. Before you switch you may want to look at that brands history for releasing updates, for example you'll find a lot of older android devices stuck on old versions too.

There is nothing further that this forum or Nokia can do to help you with this.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
srikanth123

Ya i agree with you but as a mobile provider they have to come up with a new update which suits/runs with hardware of the  c6-00..what will the customer do with the phones which have been sold with dead softwares....u have to come up with new versions which can refresh the phone..really i am **bleep**ed off the phone..it is just a waste of money which doesnt gives any satisfaction.. .It is very pathetic the way ur replying u dont need to tell whether we have to shift to other brands or not...giving suggestion is easy rather than finding a solution...

Never in my life i will go for nokia...It had been a good lesson that I learned from this phone...

Please use plain text.
anandeoman

I absolutely agree to each word of your comment. I unfortunately bought this one as nokia had won the belief of my father to gift this piece to his son. and now after few months of annoyance on using the phone I do believe firm that Nokia will never ever come to my mind again while buying a phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
itsvknnaik

i'm not satisfied with this nokia c6-00, because of its hanging, i request to nokia please upgrade the software to belle..

Vaibhav.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

C6-00 cannot be upgraded to belle. You need to buy a new phone if you are not satisfied with your device.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
anandeoman

@timkamat : i am afraid if you represent nokia here. In case if you are, can you elobrate what more can i do with my c6 apart from regular functionalities. The phone's software is dead and it hurts when a company like nokia cannot give out an answer.
Please use plain text.