Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Belle widget (clock, music player)

Advisor
rbata

Belle widget (clock, music player)

Is it possible to install the old clock and the old music player on Belle???

Again Nokia removed some features instead of keeping and adding new ones.

Problems: Old basic widgets used to be more space friendly to the homescreen. I had only one homescreen with everything I needed for 99% of my tasks, now with Belle I need more homescreens which is annoying. I don't need 6 homescreens, I was very happy with only one.

- Old clock widget had agenda and profiles (silent, meeting, offline) integrated on the same widget occupying only two lines of the homescreen. So I had quick acces to all these features. Now the new clock only links to the clock and alarm but not anymore to the agenda or the profiles.

- Old music player widget also used to occupy only two lines of the homescreen. The new one occupies 4 lines!!! Why remove the old compact one???? Or at least just leave as an option between the two widgets.

I used to have on my homescreen the clock widget (with agenda and profile) and the music player and 4 lines of shortcuts (total of 16 apps)... now if I put the clock (without agenda/profile) and the new big music player I only have left space for ONE line of shortcuts!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Belle widget (clock, music player)

Is there any particular reason why you only want one homescreen? Also, what phone model are you talking about?

Ray 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

No...you cant install old clock or music player on belle same applies to other in built apps like web browser,gallery,camera app etc
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rbata

Ray, the reason is to get things done faster with less clicks... because I hate multiple touches or gestures/slides to get to apps and stuff I use all the time.

Like the FM radio transmiter on Anna... sometimes I don't use it just because changing a frequency requires like 6 different screens and inputs and confirmations... it's not user friendly. The widget of the transmitter in Belle is better, it requires less clicks but I still think Nokia can do better than that.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rbata

donof, if they are widgets, wouldn't they have to be available on nokia store???

Well, thanks anyway.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Not all Belle compatible resizeble widgets are currently not available in Nokia store....may be in 2012 after all symbian^3 phones will get belle update those widgets will be available then
Please use plain text.