Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Browser unable to reconnect via wlan on 701

GundaRaj
Accepted Solution

Browser unable to reconnect via wlan on 701

I am using a Nokia 701 Belle(fp1)

My phone's internet connection via wlan gets disconnected abruptly . Even after disconnecting wifi and reconnecting to it, the native browser does not load web pages, even though the opera browser loads the pages after the reconnection. To user wlan again, I have to restart my phone .
It's very annoying.
Any suggestions on what I should do?
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

[ Edited ]

Hi GundaRaj,

Does this happen only on a certain WLAN access point or does it happen with all WLAN connections? Is this a new problem, have you been able to use WLAN before without problems? Have you tried reseting your phone or the router?

To reset your device to the factory settings, dial *#7780# followed by security code 12345 (unless you have changed it). This will only reset your phone settings, so no data should be lost, although it's recommended that you first make a backup using Nokia Suite

If this does not solve the problem, you can try to do a hard reset which will wipe all data and settings off your phone, so it's advisable to do a backup prior to this if you already haven't. To do hard reset your phone, dial *#7370#  on your device followed by your security code (12345 should work here as well, if you haven't changed it). After the reset, restore your backup using Nokia Suite and reinstall your apps from Nokia Store's "My stuff" folder. 

If the issue persists, try to re-install your phone software using Nokia Suite (Tools > Software update) and visit your local Nokia Care Point and let them have a look. 

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
GundaRaj

Thanks for such a prompt reply ,Puigchild.
yes, your suggestion no1(factory reset) worked.

You're awesome.
Please use plain text.