Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C Memory dropping without cause N8 Belle

Kisjoresvk

Joy my N8 c memory decreasing ???
????????
Is there any S/W available for checking ........help me ....
Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

any fix to this yet?
Please use plain text.
anjana_tvs

Hi i also facing that problem.. please give some solution.. now i''m 6Mb Lost..
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

I use the MMC for Images and Installations..... No Comes with Music or Nokia Music Unlimited......

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
e71n8

This seems to happen in Anna, but to a lesser extent. Memory slowly drifts downwards. 110M down to 98M without installing anything on C drive and not keeping messages.

Checking with x-plore, most is in the resource folder (22M), with subfolders apps (13M), qt (5M) and OviStore (1.6M). Loads of individual files being created every day.

Be good to get this sorted.

Still waiting for Belle update, but wondering whether I want it !!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

My memory drop has seemed to have stabilized and drop if at all any is very marginal. But still I'd like to know what's causing this as I lost around 16 mb because of this.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Kryp2_knight

I'm having the same problem, sucks coz the  phone freezes since . I t's eating my c:// memory on

on the

flaviote wrote:

Since i've installed Belle on my N8 the C memory is dropping without installing applications.

Today morning was 102mb and now is 66.5mb.

Anybody knows what can be happening?

Please use plain text.
bodi1962

Hi,

I was able to keep my memory around 90MB after it dropped from +/- 113MB (cleaning up my emails and SMSs). Today suddenly it started dropping below 90MB again. Just found out that my DVB-H subscription (I am using DVB-H headset to watch DSTV in South Africa) download its contents to C: drive. I am running 'Mobile TV' app from Nokia Store to receive DVB-H signal. The application itself is installed in E: drive, but there is another component called 'Mobile TV Settings' was installed in C: drive.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Lost about 20+MB yesterday, now standing on 59.1MB from 81+.

The other files ctegory seems to be getting fatter by the second!

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Seems like the thread is also growing longer without the looks of any possible solution... Are any of the moderators monitoring this thread or not?
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

Hi Guys

There's a very nice app in the Nokia Store named Mobishield. It is an antivirus, antitheft, system cleaner and system monitor. This app lists all the processes that runs in the background and can give you a better idea of what's going on with your device's C memory. And forgot to mention, it's free.

http://store.ovi.com/content/51442

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
lostmobile

I am at 19mb... it goes down and down and down... 

I have deleted my gmail (mail for exchange) and now only synched 1 week. Also cleared the cach of the browser... Went from 16 to 19MB, not really a gain here... 

No idea why the space is decreasing at all.

Any ideas? Help !

N8

Nokia Belle - 111.030.0609

Please use plain text.
Sage
noki2000

@lostmobile

Have you checked if this memory decreasing is somehow related with the use of Nokia Social or web browsing?

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Sage
wezzyd

noki2000 even clearing the cache and all that doesnt work. i use opera mini and its the same.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

noki2000 wrote:

@lostmobile

Have you checked if this memory decreasing is somehow related with the use of Nokia Social or web browsing?

Hope this helps.

Web browsing, yes, but the cache is normally 600-700KB, not 20MB, also, I don't see how Nokia Social can consume such memory within Hours.....

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lostmobile

Nokia browsing... don't think so. Emptying cache from time to time. For Social, I try not to use it that much. But I just logged in now and seeing that I come from 18.4MB to 17.2MB... nothing indicates it goes up from here.
I feel within a couple of days that my phone memory will be really low and that the N8 will start complaining about it.

Can anyone from Nokia recommend a way of working in regards to this (or a patch)?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

The best way, for now, is to re install Belle unfortunately.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lostmobile

[ Edited ]

What I fail to see is why the phone memory use is so high.

I can also not investigate this, since I do not know a way to do it... (files are not visible to me). 

I know I can move the images (prebuiltmedia) to the E... but that will only give me space for a couple of weeks at most... 

I am in desperate need for a solution here. Nokia, let me know what further info you want to receive from me. I do not want to go through the process of reinstalling everything again, just did this with the update to Belle and took me 2 days for my phone to be as I want it to.... I do not want to spend such time again. 

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Like I said above, Backup your phone, do a full backup, reinstall Belle and simply restore your Messages and Contacts, NOT phone settings and applications. This WILL help a lot.

Cheers,

V

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Advisor
lostmobile

running a mac... no chance I can do this myself. Need to beg for a windows pc again!
Please use plain text.