Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: C Memory dropping without cause N8 Belle

Counsellor
LiptonICEI

I have the same problem on my N8.

Nokia N8-00 user
Please use plain text.
Sage
SR_N8

Hallo skyee!

Pls inform if you got any feedback frm Nokia engineers about solution to memory problem? At least confirmt that they are informed and working on it please!

Best regards,

SR-N8

Please use plain text.
Sage
SR_N8

Hi vaidovesta! As Lostmobile said and many will agree people are tired of reinstalling needed app and phone settings... Many purchased games frm OVI just refuse to download again and Nokia is not solving it... Imagine spending 20 - 40 hours for bringing phone back to "normal" state every 2 months... - this will not work for N8 users
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Well, I'm tired of reinstalling myself, but what can I do? There's no response or acknowledgment of the problem from Nokia anyway, so DIY and re install Belle.

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Ex-employee (retired)
skyee

Hi all,

very sorry but we don't have any news here yet.

Best regards,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Thanks for the feedback Yvonne...

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Advisor

now we have the option to upgrade our map software and that Will take a further 20mc. Is it worth doing?
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

If you have the Maps from BetaLabs, I'd advise you not to install it, or simply uninstall that one first..

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I didnt have the beta version for the same reason, reducing the C memory.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
graceboy9

There is only one way you can solve it.Hack your phone using norton method,you can find it sites like n8fanclub etc.Install rom patcher.There is a application name X-CLEAR.It needs python to run.So install it first,then x clear.Now go to rom patcher and activate open 4 all patch.Then run X CLEAR.You will get all your space back.I am using it and my C memory is 138 MB.Without this i dont think any other method will be there.NOKIA WILL INVESTIGATE INTO THIS PROBLEM LIKE MANY OTHER PROBLEMS LIKE NO FLASH AND THEY WILL SOLVE IT IN SOME 2020 OR 50.
Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

This will be deleted in no time at all..... I suggest you do it yourself...

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.
Advisor
graceboy9

Yes, i have done it myself so i said it with 100 percent sure.If you people are afraid of word hack then wait for nokia to do something for you.If it is deleted or not that is none of my concern.Nokia has already done so many great things to N8, in future they will do amazing things.Just wait for that dream time.If i purchased a phone it is my phone not of nokias property.some things are not for all peoples.it is for peoples who can risk something. My phone is running fully perfect,except the problems nokia has given it.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

No wonder people are turning to unofficial means to solve their problems... Its because the kind of help that is expected from Nokia when users here cannot solve problems, is literally not available. :-(
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
barareklam

Same here, Checked C: and it shows only 20 mb? I am normal user, sports tracker use on daily basis, some browsing, mail and messegas and few calls and browsing gallery, that is like 99% of my daily activity on my N8 belle, official. Reinstalled belle, got 125 mb first, installed missing applications and settings and after few days now on 70mb. What is eating C: ? How about nokia fix bugs? :smileyhappy: this spring 2012 please
Please use plain text.
Sage
SR_N8

I also guess this memory issue has something to do with MAPs... It hard to access maps download these days... technicians must have limited access in order to fix the problem first...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bish292

getting this too, so much so i'm on my second *#7370# since installing belle. i'm going to go for a bare install this time and try to see what is going on. the beta search was terrible for creating dated files on C so i got rid of it. it's been doing it ever since though. i was down to 59meg from 120meg just after fresh belle install.

Please use plain text.
Mackleinton

i've just made a backup security copy as i do weekly, suddenly my c: memory drops fron 14 mb to 8 mb, it has been dropping since i've installed belle and made backups. this could be the root of all of the memory drop. i've made copies on usb and computer and everytime it finishes it drops like 10 mb per copy, nokia should check c: backup folders as it may contain the bug.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
barareklam

I just tested to make backup on USB and that worked fine, have same amount Mb as before doing backup. Btw backup settings and contacts, not messages.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
bish292

Damn, i forgot to save my pictures on the e drive-even disk drill can't recover them...the Nokia seems to completely rewrite over the content not just the file allocation table when you *#7370#

oh well, back up to 94.8Mb now...and shrinking daily

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vaidovesta

Don't you have Old backups with your pictures on them?

N8-00,Galaxy Tab 10.1
Please use plain text.