Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

C2-02 Browser not working since update

Registered Member
kettyfed

C2-02 Browser not working since update

Hi all,

yesterday an update became available for the browser of my C2-02. I downloaded it but installation failed. Since then, whenever I touch "Internet" icon in the menu (or "Store"), nothing happens, even after several minutes. The icon is highlighted as soon as I tap it, but the app never starts.

I reinstalled the software but nothing happened.

I restored phone original settings, but it still doesn't work.

I had a backup of a couple days ago and restored it too, still no luck.

I've never had a problem which cannot be solved even via format! I'm really clueless. Any tip?

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Re: C2-02 Browser not working since update

[ Edited ]

Hi kettyfed

Welcome to Nokia discussions board! 

In order to fix this issue, I advise you to download the app "Nokia Browser - New & Improved" from Nokia Store. As you do not have access to Nokia Store on your device, you can alternatively send this app to your phone from a PC. Just go to the Store page, sign in, search the app and click on "send free SMS". 

As for the Nokia Store app on your device, you can install the latest version via this link (open on phone's browser) : http://store.ovi.mobi/content/5406 

If you still cannot reintall the Nokia Store app, you can also access the Store from the device's browser: http://store.ovi.mobi

Alternatively, please get your phone flashed at your nearest Nokia Care Point

Let us know how you can on and feel free to ask any questions you may have. 

Regards, 

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
OmarZnablj

I must say i have the very same problem and there is one more thing..the OVI and the Shop application do not work either. I did same things to repair like the sir above did but nothing has changed. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yvanbetty

got the same problems; sites suggested by moderator are not available

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Freee

Guys updated browser is inside apps and games . But icons in the main menu  is not working still

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rehnuma

sir ...i downloaded dat app but dat is also not working:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Alishan_surani

My nokia browser is not working after update
Please use plain text.
Employee
armagon

[ Edited ]

sorry to say, but currently the only way to fix the browser problem may be to take the phone to a Nokia Care point for refurbish/reflashing. We are working on getting a new Nokia Suite version created which would also support "refurbishing" the phone, but that won't become available anytime very soon.

Alternatively the workaround is to use e.g. Opera mini. You can still download/install that to the phone with Nokia Suite, even if the Nokia Browser is now broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get Asha Software Platform 1.4 update now:
http://www.nokia.com/global/asha-software-update

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Nokia_firmware_change_logs
https://twitter.com/NokiaSWUpdates
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lean68

I bought this phone last Friday and after I downloaded the update to the browser, it's not working either.

It keeps saying "Error establishing secure connection. Check coverage, security and date settings on the phone. (005)".  

I was able to access the internet before I downloaded the update. I can't get to the "Send Free SMS" part as was recommended by the moderator on the Nokia store site because it says that the "Nokia Browser - New & Improved" "is not available for the Nokia C2-02".

What to do now?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Adesh123

Hi, i too have the same problem.one day a update of nokia browser was available.i installed it, after installing process when i tried to open it ,it displayed "conflicting items.show?".as the nokia helper suggested to download the nokia browser- new and improved ,i tried to download it but it was not avialable for my device. Somebody please help .what to do?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
FranzQ

As i opened my browser on my c2, i was asked to upgrade to a higher version and i accepted. After it succesfull installated, i tried to open it. It opened. But anytime i want to go to a visit a website, it shows a message saying:creating secure connection. And nothing else happens. That message remains there until you quit the application. What should i do?
Please use plain text.
nopson

i too have the same problem. When i go in the browser of my nokia c2, it says error establishing secure connection. Check coverage, security, date and time settings on the phone. (005).
Someone help plz...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
deekayny

Has another ever had this issue sorted as I am having it with my daugther's phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
azizdizdarevic

i cant find the send free sms link nowhere please help thx

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
undergrounddj

wld like to know when my broswer doesnt work and i deleted my opera mini please help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Lunga_percival

I want to update my phone software using my phone bt i cnt coz its tells me the is not enough space evn evn if i restore my phone any idea how will i update my software any other way?
Please use plain text.